'18 FL CB Tyson Campbell (Georgia signee)

Someone had to, right?

200w.gif

Reactions: 7 people
Prospects like Tyson Campbell, Warren Thompson, who visited last weekend, Wonnum and Harrison may be strong leans elsewhere, but the staff isn’t going to let up until they’re told no.

-VQ

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I've been told that Charles Kelly was down in South Florida seeing various prospects — most notably Tyson Campbell. This is the second time Tennessee has visited the 5-star cornerback in two weeks. The Vols are big-time longshots to make a play here, but they're pushing for a visit from the American Heritage product. Thus far, Campbell as only taken OVs to Georgia and Alabama. UGA has trended here for a while, with Alabama and Miami also in the mix.

Have said it before but it bears repeating, this staff will leave no stone unturned.

- Simonton

Reactions: 10 people
Tyson Campbell's recruitment remains steeped in mystery. And not just for fans. CaneSport reached out to Campbell’s father, Lucius, who said that Tyson continues to weigh his options and does not appear to be leaning one way or another just yet.

“Right now it’ll be a surprise to me and the rest of the family I guess,” Lucius said. “I’m proud of Tyson - he’s giving himself the opportunity to be exposed to this recruiting process and he’ll make up his mind himself, doesn’t ask for help.”

Many believe Georgia will ultimately win out here, but Campbell is visiting Tennessee this weekend and then Miami the weekend before signing day. Asked why Tyson may be drawn to Georgia, Lucius said, “Georgia being an SEC school, they have all the nuts and bolts of an up and coming program.”

Georgia head coach Kirby Smart visited the family last night. And Alabama’s also making a big push - “Their coaches were here Wednesday and coach (Nick) Saban was here last week,” Lucius said.

Does Miami have anything in particular going for it? “Nothing in particular but he’s met coach (Mark) Richt before and coach (Mike) Rumph and coach (Manny) Diaz and he likes them,” Lucius said. “All those guys other than coach Richt have been in the house meeting with us.” Lucius said Richt will take an in-home this coming week in advance of the family’s UM visit.

-Miami Rivals

It makes sense to me if it keeps some people wasting their time recruiting him when they could be focusing on other players especially when numbers get tight.

I guess Bama maybe one of those teams but other then that Miami is the main team that will be wasting their time

Campbell looked to be a lock for them not too long ago

Their DB coach rumph was hired from American Heritage with hopes he would pull a lot of the guys he coached there but that’s not exactly happening lol looking like both Campbell and Surtain Jr end up leaving the state at the moment

They also lost Jobe to Bama

Is Tyler Byrd back at corner for sure? I imagine he could be a starter next year with potential to be really good

He seemed to have all the tools to be a great corner coming out of hs

Putting him at WR where he didn’t even catch many balls was one of Butch’s worst moves of his tenure imo kid could of had all sec potential at corner

Reactions: 2 people
At the end of the day, we will probably be seeing him in red & black . At least we get a chance at him though .

VN Store

Back