'18 CA WR Geordon Porter

Geordon Porter loved his Tennessee visit and it gave him a lot to think about as his recruitment winds down.

The former Notre Dame commit and three-star wide receiver had an excellent time in Knoxville and now the Volunteers have to be considered a top contender for his pledge.

“Tennessee was a great place with great people, coaching staff and players,” Porter said.

“The visit was great. I got to see the facilities around there which were top-notch. The new coaching staff was great and I got to see the offense they were going to run at Tennessee.”

That is an important aspect of Porter’s decision - that the offense he will play in suits his abilities. He’s fast, he’s athletic and he’s a big target so the three-star wants to make sure he finds the best fit possible.

Meeting with coach Jeremy Pruitt and his new staff was a big part of the weekend for Porter and what he heard about the Volunteers’ new offense was appealing.

“I think the offense is great to set up wide receiver and slots,” Porter said.

“The new coaching staff is great and I really think I could fit in that offense really well. They said they need a guy with speed like me to be able to run and create separation from corners in a more man-to-man conference.”

As for final visits, the Etiwanda, Calif., receiver is taking an unofficial visit to UCLA this weekend. He’s considering one final trip to Texas A&M, Nebraska or Oregon State in the coming weeks. Arizona State, Utah and others remain in the running as well.

-Gorney

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back