'18 CA PG James Akinjo

Akinjo looks like he can do it all, offensively. But, we all know, he better get it done on the defensive end of the floor or he won't see much playing time, his freshman year. Still, I hope UT has a legit shot at him, we could really use him. Akinjo would be Barnes highest rated commit if we got him. I guess Pons may have been rated higher. Either way, seems like the chances of getting Simons or Harrs have dropped in the last month. So, go get Akinjo, coach Barnes, Lanier and company. I for one, would be ecstatic with Akinjo.

With Simons going to the NBA and Harris having Baylor and now Memphis ahead of UT, I'm all in with Akinjo. Made up my mind, this is the kid I want, that is the most realistic. I like his game. I think if we get him to visit, UT gets him. I also think he will contribute and help us, next year.

With Simons going to the NBA and Harris having Baylor and now Memphis ahead of UT, I'm all in with Akinjo. Made up my mind, this is the kid I want, that is the most realistic. I like his game. I think if we get him to visit, UT gets him. I also think he will contribute and help us, next year.

Just curious, but who has said this recently?

Nobody, just guessing with his Memphis offering tweet. But, I thought Baylor was the definite leader. Either way, I still prefer Akinjo, now

He had a Memphis offer before. Penny just reaffirmed it.

I guess Memphis would take both him and Lomax, but they are both undersized. I would think Harris goes elsewhere.

He had a Memphis offer before. Penny just reaffirmed it.

I guess Memphis would take both him and Lomax, but they are both undersized. I would think Harris goes elsewhere.

I really like watching Lomax play. But in college he well transition much like Willie Kemp. He will be a solid player but not a difference maker unless he becomes a great shooter. He is a high IQ QB-type PG. Game manager. But undersized, very good but not elite athlete, average shooter.

i think there's a good chance they can get him. Anyone know who this kid is? I'm not subscribed to 247 so i can't read the whole thing:
2018 in-state pg could have a tennessee visit 'coming soon'

harris, a 5-foot-9, 150-pound prospect, is ranked no. 124 overall in the 2018 class according to the industry-generated 247sports composite. He’s the no. 24 point guard and the no. 2 player out of tennessee.

According to 247sports ratings, harris is no. 142 overall, no. 27 at his position and no. 2 in tennessee.

"tennessee is supposed to have a visit coming soon," team thad coach norton hurd told daniels.

The vols offered harris in august and associate head coach rob lanier visited him on jan. 30. Harris has made visits to iowa state and baylor.

He was targeted by tubby smith and the former memphis coaching staff and is a target of the tigers. New memphis head coach penny hardaway was hired on tuesday and offered harris on wednesday.

Daniels reported harris and the new staff at memphis could potentially visit as early as next week.

Tennessee is scheduled to have just one scholarship opening in the 2018 class, with the departure of fifth-year guard james daniel opening up a spot in the vols' backcourt rotation.

Five-star guard anfernee simons and harris have been considered top targets by tennessee.

Simons, who will be eligible for the nba draft in june, has taken official visits to tennessee and north carolina state, but could opt for the nba over college basketball. The nba's early entry eligibility deadline is april 14 and the early entrant withdrawal deadline is june 11.

The vols on tuesday offered james akinjo, a 2018 three-star point guard who was recently released from uconn after the firing of kevin ollie.

I like this kid. I think I like this kid better than Harris. Always want to support Tennessee guys but Harris size concerns me. But I think this kid could be a big help to us.

Reactions: 1 person
An assistant visited him but Barnes didn’t. Other HC’s have visited (Ewing, Miller, Marshall)!!! Does anyone know why CRB didn’t go or won’t go on visits??? I believe it’s a mistake and major disadvantage for him not to go.

Last edited:
An assistant visited him but Barnes didn’t. Other HC’s have visited (Ewing, Miller, Marshall)!!! Does anyone know why CRB didn’t go or won’t go on visits??? I believe it’s a mistake and major disadvantage for him not to go.

Barnes just had knee surgery

Inb4 RB has earned the right to not make in home visits 😀

From what I can tell Barnes likes to visit recruits after they visit. I assume that is to try and seal the deal

Earned that right.

El oh el

VN Store

Back