'18 CA DE Jermayne Lole

We put out over 200 offers annually but for some reason never sign that many. Late offers are for backup plans because until the ink signs, you have nothing. It’s even more important this year due to the new hard cap rules.

I agree. I guess, originally, I was wondering if the offer was related to our chances with another recruit in particular.

Fact is, we have about 8 positions left in this class we can fill. We have a whole bunch more offers out there than that. If you're still offering the day before signing day, that is perhaps telling.

It is feeling like a shotgun approach for sure.

thanks coach.....we will let Pruitt know that you arent happy with his evals. Im sure your track record is better than his.

Don't be a hard ass. No one questioned Pruitt's eval, but this late of an offer means Pruitt is doubtful about signing someone, otherwise, there wouldn't be a spot. The question is who is Pruitt doubtful about?

We put out over 200 offers annually but for some reason never sign that many. Late offers are for backup plans because until the ink signs, you have nothing. It’s even more important this year due to the new hard cap rules.

If you're issuing new offers just days before NSD, it's alarming. You don't offer this late unless you either know a player isn't going to sign, or you have serious doubts a player is going to sign. To offer a kid this late in the process, then turn around and say you don't have a spot after all, that would be a PR nightmare. Kid could easily lose a spot elsewhere thinking he has a spot here.

If you're issuing new offers just days before NSD, it's alarming. You don't offer this late unless you either know a player isn't going to sign, or you have serious doubts a player is going to sign. To offer a kid this late in the process, then turn around and say you don't have a spot after all, that would be a PR nightmare. Kid could easily lose a spot elsewhere thinking he has a spot here.

They talk on the phone and communicate. I do think we will have a couple of spots available but they will not be able to fit in all the late offers because spots are still limited. However, they have to be prepared in case some even we expect to sign don't. Hence the late offers.

Who have they offered in the last couple of days? Not saying they haven't, just that I haven't heard about it. But then, I don't really follow Bama.

Thats the question I’m asking.

Poster stated they were sending out last minute offers, was curious if he knew what was he was talking about

247 has him as a .90
247 composite is a 3 star.
5.4 on Rivals

He and Norwood both got 4 stars today just hasn't updated their pages yet.

https://247sports.com/Article/College-football-recruiting-25-new-4-stars-in-247Sports-Recruiting-Rankings-114741411

Reactions: 1 person
Who did they offer?

Some people in here have lost their damn minds about recruiting. Pruitt has been on the job 8.5 weeks. He inherited a depleted recruiting class and a poorly-coached team coming off a 4 win season. He scrambled quickly to put together a pretty damn good early signing class. Then he and his staff worked their asses off to visit as many quality recruits as possible and offered kids who wouldn't have considered UT under the previous coaching staff.

All of this in a two month period AFTER most high-level recruits had already committed or signed.

Cut 'em slack and enjoy the kids who sign. I look forward to seeing this staff coach up these young men and the players on the current roster. I think it's gonna be a fun year.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back