'17 TX RB Toneil Carter

The "seniors" thing is just his way out. This was done as soon as Herman took the Texas job. He wouldn't commit to Houston because he was confident the coach wouldn't be there in two years.

The Carter's are not happy with Kirby shying away from telling them the situation of withdrawing their offer.

“We understand that Nick and Sony wanted to come back and play their senior season for whatever reason; we’re not mad at them,” Byron Carter said. “We told them Toneil was willing to come there and just be there as a midyear and learn their style and learn their playbook and everything. He wasn’t even concerned about starting anymore. But these guys were like, ‘we don’t have the numbers for him to come in anymore.’ So that is what it is at the end of the day. That’s it. We were done with Georgia.”

What irked the Carters was that they didn’t get to hear directly from Smart. After all, Smart had just flown to Houston earlier this month to meet with them after Texas came back into the picture. They re-pledged their loyalty to the Bulldogs and thought that was that.

Then, when Georgia decided to withdraw its offer, they had to hear it from McGee, who told them they would not be hearing from Smart.

“That was kind of a slap in the face,” Byron Carter said. “(Smart) could at least have come to me to tell me those last final words. First of all you’re going to tell me we ain’t got a spot, then I’m not going to hear from Smart? That’s not cool. That kind of ticked me off because, honestly, he was one of the big reasons we decided to come to UGA. He was a big factor in that decision. For us to not hear from him is discouraging.”

Reactions: 1 person
The Carter's are not happy with Kirby shying away from telling them the situation of withdrawing their offer.

“We understand that Nick and Sony wanted to come back and play their senior season for whatever reason; we’re not mad at them,” Byron Carter said. “We told them Toneil was willing to come there and just be there as a midyear and learn their style and learn their playbook and everything. He wasn’t even concerned about starting anymore. But these guys were like, ‘we don’t have the numbers for him to come in anymore.’ So that is what it is at the end of the day. That’s it. We were done with Georgia.”

What irked the Carters was that they didn’t get to hear directly from Smart. After all, Smart had just flown to Houston earlier this month to meet with them after Texas came back into the picture. They re-pledged their loyalty to the Bulldogs and thought that was that.

Then, when Georgia decided to withdraw its offer, they had to hear it from McGee, who told them they would not be hearing from Smart.

“That was kind of a slap in the face,” Byron Carter said. “(Smart) could at least have come to me to tell me those last final words. First of all you’re going to tell me we ain’t got a spot, then I’m not going to hear from Smart? That’s not cool. That kind of ticked me off because, honestly, he was one of the big reasons we decided to come to UGA. He was a big factor in that decision. For us to not hear from him is discouraging.”

CrunchyLeb time! :yahoo:

Reactions: 2 people
CrunchyLeb time! :yahoo:

at-work-cookie-monster.gif

Kirby's middle name has got to be Dooley.

This move is taking 0 OL level stupid unless this kid is criminally overrated.

Cept they already have D'Andre Swift and are probably targeting another RB. Denying his EE might have been their version of a git shirt.

Cept they already have D'Andre Swift and are probably targeting another RB. Denying his EE might have been their version of a git shirt.

Kirby knows exactly what to do as far as his roster. I am amazed at the 'Smart is dumb' crowd. He just did not complete the execution of it with the kid and his parents right IMO. But, he's going to be where he needs to be anyway.

Taking a 5 star Tackle over a guy that would be at best 6th string RB with a redshirt probably the outcome? Yeah, what a dummy. :unsure:

I've never seen ANY coach not take a single OL in a class before the aforementioned Dooley. TN has 12 decommits this class, surely you don't think they were all swooned away? I'd say some where encouraged and there is talk a couple more might get 'encouragement'. I'm sure he would like to have Carter, but which guy do you tell he can't come back? Michel or Chubb?

Win in the trenches, got Smith this year (huge) and some big time guys on the hook for next year. I'd let Smith take his lessons on the field this year and let him start all 3-4 years he is at school. He's that good.

TN has 12 decommits this class, surely you don't think they were all swooned away? I'd say some where encouraged and there is talk a couple more might get 'encouragement'.

And all 12 seemed to be content on how the break-up took place, unlike Carter where he and his parents have expressed concern on Kirby's lack of communication.

And all 12 seemed to be content on how the break-up took place, unlike Carter where he and his parents have expressed concern on Kirby's lack of communication.

the TE's dad from MS didn't seem 'content on how the break-up took place'.

VN Store

Back