'17 TX QB Will McBride (UT Commit 12/13/2016)

Lol. Hells bells he decommitted over a year ago. Plenty of time to rewrite the plan.

The problem is QB recruiting happens really early in the process. The hunter Johnson fiasco set us back. The coaches held numerous camps and thought CJ Lewis was good but that didn't work. If we get this guy or Hendon hooker then the staff did a good job for the hand they've been dealt

Reactions: 4 people
This qb recruiting cycle is a complete fiasco and the staff clearly had no real plan for what the hell they were doing. Terrible look begging a memphis committ to make an emergency visit.

You mean like when Kiffin got turned down by 3 quarterbacks and then had to beg for a guy committed to San Diego State? But don't let those facts interfere with your agenda.

Reactions: 7 people
You mean like when Kiffin got turned down by 3 quarterbacks and then had to beg for a guy committed to San Diego State? But don't let those facts interfere with your agenda.

My agenda? I have defended Jones more than anyone here the last few weeks but I call a spade a spade. If we are begging a kid 72hours before the dead period that is an EE the staff is scrambling in panic mode. That's clear.

As for Bray Tennessee stole him in much a different way. There was no scramble begging bs for a last second visit,

My agenda? I have defended Jones more than anyone here the last few weeks but I call a spade a spade. If we are begging a kid 72hours before the dead period that is an EE the staff is scrambling in panic mode. That's clear.

As for Bray Tennessee stole him in much a different way. There was no scramble begging bs for a last second visit,

Maybe. But I looked through the whole thread and never saw the words desperate or begged used. There is obviously a sense of urgency due to the dead period and him being an early enrollee. But it's silly season and you and I both know that this won't be the most unusual thing to happen between now and February.

Reactions: 2 people
That too short stuff is silly. Drew Brews and Russell Wilson blew that one up years ago. Add in the need for mobility in this O. Would rather have shorter versus too tall to move well in a spread O where the majority of O plays are runs.

The highlights show great mobility. moves and quickness. More than adequate arm strength. Throws a catchable ball with a really nice touch on all passes. His footwork is really strong for a HS QB. Would be a real threat to pull it down and go as needed.

This is the kind of recruit we need for this class, not a guy that is waiting to see if he gets drafted for baseball and wants to play it as well as football in college.

Reactions: 2 people
This qb recruiting cycle is a complete fiasco and the staff clearly had no real plan for what the hell they were doing. Terrible look begging a memphis committ to make an emergency visit.

No plan is a stretch. Got turned down? Yes. Scared of playing MLB? Yes. Determined to take at least 1 QB because a present day QB is going to transfer? Yes.

Houston area, interesting. I wonder if the new Houston HC would be on this kid?

No plan is a stretch. Got turned down? Yes. Scared of playing MLB? Yes. Determined to take at least 1 QB because a present day QB is going to transfer? Yes.

Perhaps no plan was bad wording. It was a terrible plan might be more appropriate. Taking Lewis committed was a massive mistake and that's where the plan turned terrible. Scramble mode since that bad mistake.

Maybe. But I looked through the whole thread and never saw the words desperate or begged used. There is obviously a sense of urgency due to the dead period and him being an early enrollee. But it's silly season and you and I both know that this won't be the most unusual thing to happen between now and February.

Sounds like begging for a prom date the day of to me.

VQ: McBride is currently committed to Memphis and is headed to Memphis this weekend for an official visit. McBride is an early enrollee and the Vols are hoping to somehow convince McBride to make it to campus at some point in the next 72 hours.

Sounds like begging for a prom date the day of to me.

VQ: McBride is currently committed to Memphis and is headed to Memphis this weekend for an official visit. McBride is an early enrollee and the Vols are hoping to somehow convince McBride to make it to campus at some point in the next 72 hours.

Half of recruiting is begging. Coaches begging recruits to commit, recruits begging coaches for an offer.

Reactions: 1 person
Half of recruiting is begging. Coaches begging recruits to commit, recruits begging coaches for an offer.

Ageed but begging a kid to not take the OV to the school he already is committed to with only one weekend left is worse than the norm.

Ageed but begging a kid to not take the OV to the school he already is committed to with only one weekend left is worse than the norm.

I took it as we are hoping to get him to visit in addition to his Memphis visit, but I don't really know.

All I know is we need a QB in every class and it's unlikely we get an elite one, so I'm onboard with this recruitment.

Perhaps no plan was bad wording. It was a terrible plan might be more appropriate. Taking Lewis committed was a massive mistake and that's where the plan turned terrible. Scramble mode since that bad mistake.

This does have a desperation/scramble mode feel to me too.

This kids looks to have everything you would want, just a little on the small size. Good arm and good mobility. Strong traits are his quick release, great feet, and throws well on the move.

I don't think they are suggesting he not take the Memphis visit. They just hope to have him squeeze in one to Tennessee in between that and the dead period.

Dead period starts Sunday night correct?

Well, apparently so. Not sure what the specifics are regarding a potential visit, but according to a 247 article, he is planning a visit to Tennessee following our offer.

Well, apparently so. Not sure what the specifics are regarding a potential visit, but according to a 247 article, he is planning a visit to Tennessee following our offer.

I would love to be a fly on the wall listening to his conversation with Riley Fergusen this weekend. No doubt the memphis coaches will make sure that happens

I would love to be a fly on the wall listening to his conversation with Riley Fergusen this weekend. No doubt the memphis coaches will make sure that happens

How did our coaches mistreat Riley again?

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back