'17 TX QB Will McBride (UT Commit 12/13/2016)

Actually the fact the only in state school to offer is SMU is very telling. Has nothing to do with his stars for me.

That really doesn't matter. Texas is a big state with a lot of talent. There are only about 7 major schools in Texas, and there are many more QB prospects. All of them except Baylor already have a QB commited. Both Texas and TCU have one in their backyard. A&M has two, and one is a 5 star from Florida. Texas Tech has a Juco QB who is not rated. Houston and SMU both have 3 star commits from Texas. There are 10 QB's in the Texas top 100, and the 4th ranked one is commited to Sam Houston State. They all can't get offers and stay instate.

The other thing is that we took Tyler Bray away from San Diego State. Sometimes guys get overlooked or just develop later than others.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
That really doesn't matter. Texas is a big state with a lot of talent. There are only about 7 major schools in Texas, and there are many more QB prospects. All of them except Baylor already have a QB commited. Both Texas and TCU have one in their backyard. A&M has two, and one is a 5 star from Florida. Texas Tech has a Juco QB who is not rated. Houston and SMU both have 3 star commits from Texas. There are 10 QB's in the Texas top 100, and the 4th ranked one is commited to Sam Houston State. They all can't get offers and stay instate.

The other thing is that we took Tyler Bray away from San Diego State. Sometimes guys get overlooked or just develop later than others.

So we got a guy those schools look at as being inferior to the guy they have committed? Got it

Tyler Bray was an Elite 11 finalist, and ended up being a top 10 pro style guy.

Tyler Bray was an Elite 11 finalist, and ended up being a top 10 pro style guy.

The response was that he was looking at the other offers. He certainly had talent, but he was typical of a Dooley recruit- 4 star with offers from SDSU and Fresno State. Yes, I know Kiffin originally recruited him too. I wasn't here then, but I am sure this place wasn't thrilled based on his offers.

The response was that he was looking at the other offers. He certainly had talent, but he was typical of a Dooley recruit- 4 star with offers from SDSU and Fresno State. Yes, I know Kiffin originally recruited him too. I wasn't here then, but I am sure this place wasn't thrilled based on his offers.

But the talent level is different, and Bray came highly recommended, from Pete Carroll.

He was a Kiffin RECRUIT. Already enrolled when Kiffin left.

Reactions: 1 person
Watching the Rose Bowl... Thought about McSorley as a good comparable to McBride, their HS highlights are real similar.

Probably a good comparison.

I like McBride's upside. My only real worry is that he's gonna have to do some real work on his release since he on the shorter side.

Bringing in someone to work with the QBs should help him work through that though.

Probably a good comparison.

I like McBride's upside. My only real worry is that he's gonna have to do some real work on his release since he on the shorter side.

Bringing in someone to work with the QBs should help him work through that though.

His release is rough. Everything else is there it seems like. That release is a must fix though.

VN Store

Back