'17 TN RB Ty Chandler (UT signee)

except that Hurd was 6'3 220 and Chandler is 6'0 170. I'm hoping that Chandler can be the Travis Stephens to Cordarrian's Travis Henry in this class. Now if we could only flip Cam Akers to play the J. Lewis role, we would be on to something.

Curious to if the Cam Akers recruitment ends up with any effects on Chandlers recruitment from an Ole Miss standpoint. I know regardless TN wants Chandler bad but Ole Miss is trying to flip Akers from Bama. Does that give TN an even better shot with Chandler? Ole Miss legacy but not sure how much they would recruit him if they pulled Akers from Bama.

I really hope we get Chandler.

Reactions: 1 person
Curious to if the Cam Akers recruitment ends up with any effects on Chandlers recruitment from an Ole Miss standpoint. I know regardless TN wants Chandler bad but Ole Miss is trying to flip Akers from Bama. Does that give TN an even better shot with Chandler? Ole Miss legacy but not sure how much they would recruit him if they pulled Akers from Bama.

The legacy status is overblown. His dad was kicked off after one year

Reactions: 4 people

the disadvantage Ole Miss has is that their scheme does little to facilitate a strong running game. Tennessee's advantage is that their scheme is predicated on a strong running game. Now if all other factors are somewhat equal the player's decision comes down to whether he wants a more complimetary role at Ole Miss or a featured role at Tennessee.

the disadvantage Ole Miss has is that their scheme does little to facilitate a strong running game. Tennessee's advantage is that their scheme is predicated on a strong running game. Now if all other factors are somewhat equal the player's decision comes down to whether he wants a more complimetary role at Ole Miss or a featured role at Tennessee.

Agree on scheme. Ole miss hasn't done well with RBs with Freeze. Butchs system has always had solid production from that spot

"At tailback, both Cordarrian Richardson and Ty Chandler are players the Vols consider high priorities and Tennessee is in the thick of things with both, especially Richardson." - VQ

Man it would be outstanding if we could get both. Replace both Hurd and Kamara with 2 instate studs? Yes please.

Recruiting is not even comparable to what it was then. The big guns get them early, we have zero. BB gun.

Times change yes, the gift of recruiting doesn't. You either have the talent or you don't. A Fulmer in his prime today would be just as successful as was Fulmer in his prime of yesteryear.

Speaking of talent as far as Jones and 2017 class, relax we're far from panic mode

VN Store

Back