'17 TN DL Rutger Reitmaier (Oregon commit)

I like how you call me an idiot when I was pretty fair and kind in my opinion. I think you're being pretty dramatic with the "degraded" comment. I respect what you're saying but don't like you calling people idiots.

I don't think it's so much the giving of ones opinion on prospects. Not necessarily you, but it's the posters who think they are the know all, end all, when it comes to analyzing a prospects future..

I like how you call me an idiot when I was pretty fair and kind in my opinion. I think you're being pretty dramatic with the "degraded" comment. I respect what you're saying but don't like you calling people idiots.

Fair enough - VN asks us to keep the comments directed toward the topic and not the individual so I was wrong to say uninformed folks who post a somewhat unflattering opinion on a recruit are "idiots". Should have said a less than flattering uninformed post on a recruit is an idiotic post - that way my comment would have been directed toward the post and not the poster.

Is reciting 10 Neyland's Game Maxims a fair punishment for my transgression? :peace2:

Reactions: 1 person
Fair enough - VN asks us to keep the comments directed toward the topic and not the individual so I was wrong to say uninformed folks who post a somewhat unflattering opinion on a recruit are "idiots". Should have said a less than flattering uninformed post on a recruit is an idiotic post - that way my comment would have been directed toward the post and not the poster.

Is reciting 10 Neyland's Game Maxims a fair punishment for my transgression? :peace2:

That and 3 Hail Peyton's and you should be good.

You need no punishment in my book. You're an excellent member here.

My buddy's kid is a pretty good player in his own right for Goodpasture. He plays guard. Said he didn't have a problem with anybody all year but that Reitmaier destroyed him.

Honest confession: I looked at this guys profile and thought he looked like a goof.

Then I watched his film 👀!!!
Junior season highlights - Rutger Reitmaier highlights - Hudl

I. Was. Dead. Wrong. He has honestly one of the best DT Hudls I've ever seen. I was literally giggling at it. Yea, like that.

You owe it to yourself to watch his clip. AWESOME. Also, it's not often that a guy looks bigger than his listed height and weight but he looks like what i imagine Grendel from the old Beowulf story would resemble in human form.

Last edited:
Go ahead and commit, young man.

giphy.gif

Hope he's quicker at making a firm decision than DCG! Still can't believe he ended up at ut jr.

He wanted to be at LSU but also wanted to play the recruiting game as well. Unfortunately for this kid, LSU had bigger priorities. If he would have committed sooner things may have been different. Similar to the Landon Dickerson news here- coaches had other pressing needs.

He wanted to be at LSU but also wanted to play the recruiting game as well. Unfortunately for this kid, LSU had bigger priorities. If he would have committed sooner things may have been different. Similar to the Landon Dickerson news here- coaches had other pressing needs.

giles was committed here early if that is what you are referring to. He decommitted because of LSU and TX offers. Both are closer to home. On Landon, I think playing around was part of it but have also seen people say he was one of the kids the current players told Butch that he would not be a good fit with the team.

Tennessee is one of several schools to make Lipscomb Academy defensive lineman Rutger Reitmaier a priority in the early stages of the class of 2017 recruiting cycle.

The 6-foot-3, 270-pound defensive tackle showed up for the Vols, “Your Turn” junior day this weekend and was able to build a stronger bond with Tennessee head coach Butch Jones and several others on staff.

“I would just say building relationship with coaches and players was the best part of this weekend," Reitmaier said. "I was able to talk to coach Jones for quite a bit and all day was surrounded by the coaches and players and I was able to be myself and I felt like I learned more.”

After spending Saturday with the staff and team, he said he better understood what it would be like if he were to commit to Tennessee.

“I got a sense camaraderie around the team and it felt like one big family,” Reitmaier said.

One thing that Tennessee has in its favor is the instate pull. That was a part of Jones’ message to recruits over the weekend: Win a national championship for your home state.

“I think that appeals a lot because if you look around the SEC and the programs that are winning games are doing it with instate players,” Reitmaier explained. "I think that’s definitely appealing. I talked to some of the players like Trey Smith and even though we didn’t talk a lot about recruiting it was cool getting to know some guys that could be your teammates one day.”

As for a timeline, Reitmaier says he’s gone back and for on whether to make a decision soon or hold out on one.

“It’s hard to explain what I’m thinking. I go back and forth. I don’t want to decommit. I want to make my commitment and go to that school and not have second thoughts,” Reitmaier explained. “I’m just going to pick the place that's the right place for me. I am just thinking about the fit.”

Reitmaier has offers from Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Duke, Memphis, Purdue, Wake Forest with Auburn, Ole Miss, Notre Dame and several other schools looking closely.
-VQ.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back