'17 NC DT Jordon Riley (former UT commit)

"Just got off the phone with Riley and he certainly was blown away by his visit and camp last week. He was only offered last week before camp and after he showed up he really showed a lot of potential.

Now, he's still raw, last year was his first season of football, but he played defensive end at 6-5, 290. He still has some work to do with technique, etc., but he's got everything you can't teach.

Riley said he felt a real connection with Stripling and feels like Tennessee is the perfect place to improve him even if it 20 months from his signing day. He felt like he saw all he needed to and picked up the phone to let Stripling know just a little bit ago.

A nice start to 2017 for the Vols."

- Fortenberry

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Smoking-Crab.gif

Reactions: 11 people
Long time away, who knows if he ends up here but having only one year experience and being a monster, the potential is there. He probably needs a couple years in college and then he'lol catch on but definitely one to keep track of and watch the development since he did choose the Vols.

Nice pickup, you can never have too many highly rated DTs. It's a little worrisome, and it does bother me a tad bit that CBJ seems to take quite a few "raw" guys that's only played football for a couple of years. I guess CBJ has supreme confidence in his coaching ability, and he feels like he can coach them up into the players they're capable of being.

My guess would be this kid will red shirt, then be 2nd or 3rd string for a couple of years until he's able to fine tune his skills and be ready for big boy football.

He still has two more years of high school to work on his technique, and most defensive lineman could use a RS anyway. This kid is really physically gifted. If he puts in the work, he can be special. Our DL will be absolutely nasty when he arrives, so we won't need him to contribute immediately anyway. Really nice start to the 2017 class.

Reactions: 4 people
Nice pickup, you can never have too many highly rated DTs. It's a little worrisome, and it does bother me a tad bit that CBJ seems to take quite a few "raw" guys that's only played football for a couple of years. I guess CBJ has supreme confidence in his coaching ability, and he feels like he can coach them up into the players they're capable of being.

My guess would be this kid will red shirt, then be 2nd or 3rd string for a couple of years until he's able to fine tune his skills and be ready for big boy football.

We have one of the best DL coaches in college football...trust him.

Reactions: 2 people
Another instance of "getting that unc offer was a dream come true" less than a week later "I'll be playing college football at the University of Tennessee"

Reactions: 2 people
Congratulations Jordon on becoming a VFL!

Go Vols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard the Big Orange Train!!!!!!

:pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper:

:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

:welcomec::welcomec::welcomec::3cheers::3cheers::3cheers::number1::number1::number1::bammer::bammer::bammer:I hear that BIG ORANGE FREIGHT TRAIN COMING:fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::3083yourock::3083yourock::3083yourock::td::td::td::welcome3::welcome3::welcome3::clap::clap::clap::rock2::rock2::rock2:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back