'17 MS RB Cam Akers (FSU commit 12/27)

Took a look at the Ole Miss board to see what they were feeling about Akers. They think he has them on top. I thought it's possible.

Then read they also feel they have a large lead for Trey Smith. I didn't read anymore. LOL

Reactions: 3 people
It wasn't just Kelly. Freeze sent 9 OM players to the game to cheer on Cam: QB Chad Kelly, DT Gross, LB Strong, Benito Jones, DL McDowell, DL Breeland Speaks and three others. Lots of deep pockets in all those cargo pants they wore.

It wasn't just Kelly. Freeze sent 9 OM players to the game to cheer on Cam: QB Chad Kelly, DT Gross, LB Strong, Benito Jones, DL McDowell, DL Breeland Speaks and three others. Lots of deep pockets in all those cargo pants they wore.

Ole Miss not having a back committed is obviously something Freeze is selling Cam.

I think I saw today Wilkins(JR RB) was announced out for the 2016 season because of grades. He was expected to complete with Judd for the starting spot.

The successful recruiter at UT will get who he wants instate. There are some loyalty issues with Memphis and some of the kids from Nashville who aren't from TN... but you still have to build those HS coach relationships and build a wall as much as possible. The state only has one top tier football program... UT should get almost everyone they want.

BUT... there isn't always enough talent in TN to support a top tier program and certainly not in the eastern 2/3's of the state. Until there is, a successful coach at UT has no choice but to develop a pipeline into other states. Atlanta and GA are vital. VA and NC are helpful. UT needs to routinely pick off a few players from FL.

Lastly and because of the above, UT always has to have a coach who finds 2* and 3* players that no one else recognizes that have 4/5* talent. Jones has shown that with numerous guys like Vereen, Dobbs, Sutton, et al. I personally think we'll see the same from Brandon Gaddy and Lewis... and possible others in the current class.

There are always things you can pick at.... and I'm apt to do it sometimes. But when you take a step back, overall it looks like a very good system in production.

Butch didn't recruit Vereen or Sutton in the sense both were committed when he took over and their rankings are meaningless when they had offers from the likes of UF, FSU, Clemson, AU, Arkansas, SCar, Okie State and Ole Miss between the 2. Multiple staffs saw the talent there.

Butch didn't recruit Vereen or Sutton in the sense both were committed when he took over and their rankings are meaningless when they had offers from the likes of UF, FSU, Clemson, AU, Arkansas, SCar, Okie State and Ole Miss between the 2. Multiple staffs saw the talent there.

Are you arguing because you disagree with my point or just to be disagreeable?

Watch out for #Tennessee and #LSU for superstar Cam Akers, my no. 1 in the '17 class. Many teams have a shot, but like the Tigers & Vols

#FSU is right there too, but lots of momentum with #Tennessee & #LSU has always been a fav. 247sports.com/Player/Cam-Ake…

Shannon Terry 247 sports

Reactions: 7 people
Watch out for #Tennessee and #LSU for superstar Cam Akers, my no. 1 in the '17 class. Many teams have a shot, but like the Tigers & Vols

#FSU is right there too, but lots of momentum with #Tennessee & #LSU has always been a fav. 247sports.com/Player/Cam-Ake…

Shannon Terry 247 sports

What about osu?

Just watched his game one highlights and he's much faster than I thought he would be. He also is built like the Cheese.

VN Store

Back