'17 MO PF Derrick Walker Jr. (UT commit 2/3/17)

I see Jerry Meyer and Andrew Slater (St John's 247) have CB'd him to St. John's in the last 2 days.

I see Jerry Meyer and Andrew Slater (St John's 247) have CB'd him to St. John's in the last 2 days.

Of course they did, he just visited St. John's. U know how those NY area guys are, Why the hell would he play in those redneck towns when he can play in Queens, NYC ?

Gotta wonder what these guys are waiting on. Barnes is doing more with less than any coach around. Maybe they're afraid of quality coaching.

I don't blame them. Yeah, me personally I would sign with Tennessee as soon as possible, but I can see where they want to enjoy the experience. You may only get to do it once.

St. John's

You know or you just guessing? We are a hot team right now, we have proximity to home in our favor, we have playing time to be had, and he also really enjoyed his visit. So is that what Rob Lewis is hinting at, him committing to St. John's?

@NYPOST_Brazille: hearing Kansas forward Derrick Walker likely won't be coming to St Johns, and staff is looking for a big elsewhere.Have a few options #sjubb

Dude looks like a grinder! If he's watched this team play at all this year, how could he not be a Vol.

giphy_s.gif

Its trending well. If we do add Walker this afternoon, do you guys think this might give the staff an opportunity to redshirt Zach Kent? Maybe BTO or someone else could possibly answer that. I no that no one would really know.

2017 F @derric__k will announce at 1 pm on Twitter between Tennessee, Georgia and St. John's.

Prediction: Tennessee.

From Adam Zagoria

Dude has good post moves and very solid at the rim. Also seems to rebound well. Didn't see any jump shots from him but that's not necessary for what I think Barnes sees his role as. We can help develop that for him. Next year with a rotation of Alexander, Kent, Fulkerson, Williams and Walker. Possibly the admiral as well.

Its trending well. If we do add Walker this afternoon, do you guys think this might give the staff an opportunity to redshirt Zach Kent? Maybe BTO or someone else could possibly answer that. I no that no one would really know.

I would think they give it a thought. We would be pretty stacked in the post with Alexander,schofield,Williams,fulk, and Walker. Unless he can slide to the three,I'd say redshirt him.

VN Store

Back