'17 JUCO CB Keisean Nixon (South Carolina Commit 12/14/2016)

I agree winning is overall the key to this but the way fans talk about their program has a serious impact on how recruits perceive it as well

Well there you are then.. Don't lose against Vandy and a crap USCe team, and I can't stress this enough, in your FOURTH year. Do this and the talk dies.. The fans will have a little more confidence in your ability.

Reactions: 2 people
Well there you are then.. Don't lose against Vandy and a crap USCe team, and I can't stress this enough, in your FOURTH year. Do this and the talk dies.. The fans will have a little more confidence in your ability.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand for some. Acting like it's the fans fault is ignorant

Reactions: 1 person
Blah, blah, blah. We just need to remember that these are middle school kids who cannot handle new coaches or schemes.

So say a guy commits to Tennessee, then Butch goes to another university, should that recruit stay or follow Butch?

So you're a spread passing QB and came to run a spread but a coach comes in that runs an pro style system that relies on the running game. How does that work? Or you are a DB who wanted to play in an aggressive man coverage scheme but the new staff wants to run soft zone coverage all day. How is that fair to the player?

Reactions: 1 person
So you're a spread passing QB and came to run a spread but a coach comes in that runs an pro style system that relies on the running game. How does that work? Or you are a DB who wanted to play in an aggressive man coverage scheme but the new staff wants to run soft zone coverage all day. How is that fair to the player?

Adapt or die.

Can you say Cuonzo Martin?

SportsVol with the big guns! Taking down whole herds of folks!

giphy.gif

Improvise. Adapt and overcome. Like I said, this aint middle school ball. I see you failed to answer my question. Figures.

Transfer if they don't run a system that allows your talent to develop.

But, but, but you're not being loyal to the team/school/coach/fans and you never know how things might change and the peanut butter is much better here and, well, I just love my coach so much and all coaches do this stuff and blah, blah, blah.

Of course you transfer. You have based an important life changing decision on what you are told, which turns out to be different in reality. The coach/program use you to achieve their goals and in return are to help you achieve yours. Sometimes that does not work out that way. Welcome to the real world.

In my day when scholarships were given out like tootsie rolls Oklahoma, Alabama, etc. would sign as many as they could sign to keep other schools from getting them. Same concept, different method.

But, but, but you're not being loyal to the team/school/coach/fans and you never know how things might change and the peanut butter is much better here and, well, I just love my coach so much and all coaches do this stuff and blah, blah, blah.

Of course you transfer. You have based an important life changing decision on what you are told, which turns out to be different in reality. The coach/program use you to achieve their goals and in return are to help you achieve yours. Sometimes that does not work out that way. Welcome to the real world.

In my day when scholarships were given out like tootsie rolls Oklahoma, Alabama, etc. would sign as many as they could sign to keep other schools from getting them. Same concept, different method.

Sure. It works both ways. Ill never criticize a kid for transferring. I would rather they not decide that and quit mid season however.

VN Store

Back