'17 GA WR/TE Grant Frerking

Grant Frerking‏ @GrantFrerking 17h17 hours ago

Excited to say that I will be continuing my academic and football career at The University of Tennessee #vols #GBO 🍊

Well well...isn't this just Frerking Grant.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Does a PWO pay out of state tuition or just the in-state amount? Seems like it would be a tough pull to get a non-Tennessee HS student as a PWO if they don't drop the out-of-state fee.

UT - tuition and Fees In-state: $12,724 Out-of-state: $30,914

Does a PWO pay out of state tuition or just the in-state amount? Seems like it would be a tough pull to get a non-Tennessee HS student as a PWO if they don't drop the out-of-state fee.

UT - tuition and Fees In-state: $12,724 Out-of-state: $30,914

I have no idea of the kids financial situation, but Wesleyan is a private school, so they may already be paying 15-20K a year.

There are certain majors that can get him in state tuition but who knows one of the boosters might even pay partial

I have no idea of the kids financial situation, but Wesleyan is a private school, so they may already be paying 15-20K a year.

$20,910 per their web site.

But what does that have to do with college other than indicate the family may have the resources to pay more for out of state tuition at UT $30,914 vs walking onto GT$10,106 or UGA $11,634. Could be the family spent the college fund on HS and there's nothing left for college unless he sells that business for a nice profit?

There are certain majors that can get him in state tuition but who knows one of the boosters might even pay partial

I'm familiar with the Academic Common Market, but that's mainly for graduate programs. There's very few majors offered at UT that are not offered by any state university in GA. Do you happen to know of an undergraduate one?

I'm familiar with the Academic Common Market, but that's mainly for graduate programs. There's very few majors offered at UT that are not offered by any state university in GA. Do you happen to know of an undergraduate one?

I only know of a few at ETSU but idk if they're the same at UT.

Could be the family spent the college fund on HS and there's nothing left for college unless he sells that business for a nice profit?

FWIW, his family is pretty comfortable financially. Grant's father is a VP & General Counsel for Georgia-Pacific, a subsidiary of Koch Industries.

FWIW, his family is pretty comfortable financially. Grant's father is a VP & General Counsel for Georgia-Pacific, a subsidiary of Koch Industries.

so you are saying that he will be starting at middle linebacker for us next year over a more talented player?

:)

Reactions: 7 people
$20,910 per their web site.

But what does that have to do with college other than indicate the family may have the resources to pay more for out of state tuition at UT $30,914 vs walking onto GT$10,106 or UGA $11,634. Could be the family spent the college fund on HS and there's nothing left for college unless he sells that business for a nice profit?

Yes. Usually families who are financially savvy enough to afford a 20k a year HS are stupid enough to blow the whole kitty and have nothing left for college. 🙄

Reactions: 1 person
so you are saying that he will be starting at middle linebacker for us next year over a more talented player?

:)

If he's not cheap! Costs more than Jumper because all the coaches involved are risking higher salaries and the hush money to all the other parties involved...and lab fees! :blink:

The Volunteers were initially under the impression that Frerking was just a junior and wanted to offer him a scholarship as part of their 2018 class.
But once he told them he was a senior, they let him know they only had walk-on spots left in their signing class. He decided that even as a walk-on, Knoxville, Tenn., was where he wanted to be. He’ll play tight end in college and said the plan is for him to add 30 pounds to his 190-pound frame. It’s something he thinks he can do with the advantage of finally focusing on one sport.

He also knows that as a walk-on, he may never see the field during an SEC game. “I never complain about playing time really,” he said. “I’ll go there and I’ll just be a team player and if that is (as) a scout team for two years and I get to start two years, that’s great. If it’s scout team for four years then I’ll be just as happy with that. I’m just excited to have the experience and be a part of it.”

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/wesleyan/wesleyan-s-grant-frerking-set-to-walk-on-at-tennessee/article_1a10677c-90a2-514f-a77b-21af492169a3.html

Reactions: 10 people
In this thread I believe it would be called a "frerk out," as in, "I'M FRERKING OUT, MAN!"

VN Store

Back