'17 GA LB Chandler Wooten

They posted he hadn't told anyone of a commitment anywhere when the other 2 services said he had a month ago. They also said we all but had him wrapped up.

They blew it if the attachments in the op indeed mean he committed to auburn.

Did he commit to auburn?

I can hardly make out those post with the phone

Where in the below article do they even suggest we have him all but wrapped up? They clearly state that he has made a decision, he's not giving any hints, and they don't have a read on him.

"Just finished up meeting with Wooten and first off he's a great young man. Top notch.

As for his recruitment, he says it's down to Tennessee, Auburn and Florida. From talking to him and bases on our conversations in the past I still believe it will be either UT or AU.

He said he hasn't told anyone his decision yet but is pretty at piece with what's he's thinking. He said he's extremely close to Tennessee's staff, but mentioned that Auburn feels like home.

His plan is to announce next Friday after his spring game. He's not giving away any hints at all so it's hard to get a read on him right now."

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
Where in the below article do they even suggest we have him all but wrapped up? They clearly state that he has made a decision, he's not giving any hints, and they don't have a read on him.

Was referring to this post

John Brice, speaking today on Nashville sports radio, 104.5, said Wooten may declare as early as tomorrow, May 6th.
He, Brice, thinks we are in solid with this kid.The Big Orange Caravan being in Atl on May 4th probably helped our cause.

Was referring to this post

Should have posted that quote then. And I don't think saying we are "in solid" with a kid equates to us all but having him locked up. Being in solid with Wooten is likely a reference to us having a good shot at him.

Last edited:
Should have posted that quote then. And I don't think saying we are "in solid" with a kid equates to us all but having him locked up. Being in solid with Wooten is likely a reference to us having a good shot at him.

Fair enough to think that

If we get him Vq gets the credit.
If we don't they blew it IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Per Hubbs

Linebacker Chandler Wooten is expected to announce his decision on Friday with a final three of Auburn, Tennessee and Florida, and all signs are pointing to Auburn at this point.

We know from talking to several close to his recruitment that he gave the Vols some positive signals about three weeks to a month ago but since then Auburn has been able to grab the momentum and it seems as if they are the likely pick for Wooten Friday afternoon when he announces.

But, that won't be the end of his recruitment as he has said he wants to take all of his official visits come fall.

Per Hubbs

It should be noted that the other sites said this kid committed elsewhere over a month ago and also scout reported he didn't have a committable offer here. Very possible he tried to commit here and wasn't allowed to

Vq missed here badly

It should be noted that the other sites said this kid committed elsewhere over a month ago and also scout reported he didn't have a committable offer here. Very possible he tried to commit here and wasn't allowed to

Vq missed here badly

You have already made this point a few times...is it necessary again? These type things get old from you.

Reactions: 4 people
I have a feeling VQ made some sort of mistake here, but I usually need to hear things 6 times before it really sinks in. Could anybody in this thread help me out?

Reactions: 6 people
Per Hubbs

This one is not over regardless of who he picks today. When he said he was going to take all his visits in the fall it just says he's committed today but he is still open. Even if your school gets picked today it only means they are in the lead as of this date but that could change at any time. These are the kinds of commitments that drive coaches crazy.

thumb-is-up.gif

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back