'16 TX OT Kellen Deisch

"To win in the sec, you must win in the trenches."

We won't win until we have good OL play. Doesn't matter if your receivers are incredible (2012). Doesn't matter if you have incredible running backs (this season). hell unless your QB's name is Cam Newton, it doesn't really matter if you have a great QB. We need to take a step forward on the offensive line to truly become an sec contender

You are correct Sir! He who controls the LOS wins the game. Always has been, always will be.

Our OL is not our problem right now. They have far exceeded expectations.

Our O-Line is one of the many problems we have right now. Add to it the secondary, the receivers, the QB, the line backers, and the D Line. Add to that the poor scheming both offensively and defensively by the coaching staff.

Our running backs look good and special teams has been good except for place kicking.

The fans have brought their "A" game.

Off the field our collective GPA is good and we've not had any rapes or robberies or other arrest in the last 4-5 months. But their seems to be some dissension in the locker room.

Am I missing anything?

Reactions: 1 person
Do you think they are improved from last year? We rushed for 250+ against one of the top 3 front 7s we will face this year. I didn't say they are world-beaters, but they have definitely improved.

Our line does well enough when it's a run. In terms of pass protection we look the exact same as last year.

Reactions: 1 person
Our line does well enough when it's a run. In terms of pass protection we look the exact same as last year.

I think we are improved with pass pro, too. Not as much as with run blocking, but improved, especially the left side. You have to give serious props to Kerbyson...he might be the most improved player on the team.

I don't know how you can say the OL hasn't improved over last year...they obviously have. They are still awful, just slightly less so.

Taking an OV to UT this weekend.

on Diesch, he decommitted from Arkansas last night. Tennessee and Texas A&M are the two teams that are going to be the teams to beat right now. And remember, Diesch has said in the past if distance isn't a factor Tennessee was his favorite school. I do believe that's something to keep in mind with him.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 6 people
"First, on Diesch, he said he really likes Tennessee coming out of his visit. He didn't go into a ton of detail, but said he feels like he could see himself in Knoxville. He was joined by his mother. His father was with him back in the spring. He did say distance was not a factor. As for what the future holds, he said he knows A&M will get a visit, but wasn't sure about the others. He plans to wait a little while and see who else calls before making a decision. But, I think you can peg Tennessee as the team to beat but this one isn't over."

-Fortenberry update

Reactions: 5 people
I know Wiltfong CB'd him to A&M based on info he received, but KD sounds like he is unsure he will even take any more visits. That interview sounded all-Vol, and he repeated distance is not a factor

Per P Fort

Dieshch knew that the Vols hadn't had the start to the season they wanted but said the win on Saturday was just what Tennessee needed.
Talk about it in The General's Quarters

"It was crazy how they came from behind, 21-point deficit, held it together and won," Diesch said. "They just pulled together and got a victory.

"It's a big win for the team. They needed it."

As for the atmosphere, "It was crazy. The Volunteer fans were crazy," Diesch said.

Looking back on his Tennessee visit, Diesch said that he can see himself fitting into the program in Knoxville.

"I think I'm a good fit with the players and the coaching staff and the University in general," Diesch said. "It's really a great university and I think I'd fit in well."

One concern some have had about Diesch becoming a Vol was distance. When asked if distance was going to be a factor he answered, "Not at all."

Tennessee isn't the only team coming after the Dallas-area star. Texas A&M, Texas and more are calling and while he knows he will take other visits he's not sure what his plan is exiting Knoxville.

"I don't know, to be honest with you. It just depends on how it will all play out," Diesch said. "I'm not going to wait to signing day. We'll see how things play out, but I don't know when I'll make my decision."

While more visits are likely in store, it seems they could be chasing the Vols after a strong visit.

"I really like Tennessee, a lot," Diesch offered. "I really had a good time."

Reactions: 9 people
Your point? Your blind if you can't see this OL is improved. It was even better with our true FR anchoring the right side. Did UGA have any sacks yesterday? They have some very good pass rushers, and I don't think they had one single sack.

VN Store

Back