'16 TN ILB Austin Parker

Kid is a punisher! Has great timing for the snap count and has a nasty that can't be taught. I'll take him!

Contacted by Coach Strip this week! Invited him up for game this weekend! Im gonna bring him! Want this man in Orange! GO VOLS

Reactions: 1 person
This guy? :)

AUSTIN-PARKER-140403-PRO.JPG

Defensive tackle
Albemarle, North Carolina
North Stanly
View Map

Ht:5'6"
Wt:277 lbs
Class:2016 (High School)

https://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Austin-Parker-162555

Talked to Coach Stripling before game for awhile. No Offer yet.. but Austin woke up with a personalized (as in not a group text) text from him everyday last week. Says he wants to get him up after season for more 1 on 1 time.

New names are beginning to pop up across the state as players finish their season and one 2016 name that has intrigued a number of teams, including Tennessee, is Jackson linebacker Austin Parker.

The 6-foot-1, 225-pound junior linebacker from Jackson Central-Merry High School visited Tennessee for the first time ever this past weekend came away amazed.

"I've been to a lot of stadium but Neyland is the biggest stadium I've been to in my entire life. It was amazing," Parker said. "We got to go on the field and I was looking up and it was just amazing."

During his first trip on Rocky Top Parker was able take in the Vols' facilities before the game and liked what he saw.

"I had a tour of the Anderson Training Facility and the thing I like the most about that is the indoor practice field. I really like their facilities," Parker said.

Parker said from his first impression of Tennessee he feels like it's a program that takes care of their players and improves them.

"It seems like they want to take care of you. They have a nutrition plan for you," Parker said. "They showed us pictures of players and how their bodies have changed since they've been there."

Before the game Parker also met with Tennessee assistant coach Steve Stripling, who recruits the Jackson area, as the two begin to build a relationship.

"I met with coach Stripling and I talked with him for a little while. He seemed like a stern coach. He was friendly, but he was straight to the point," Parker said. "He wasn't the type of coach to beat around the bush. We talked for a while and he told me he wants me to come back in the spring and we will talk about academics."

Then, during the Vols' 50-16 defeat of Kentucky, Parker said it was one of the best atmospheres he's ever visited.

"It was great. I think they said there were more than 100,000 people there. That was great. I don't even know how to describe it," Parker said.

Parker finished his junior season with 117 tackles, four sacks and four forced fumbles.

RIVALS

Reactions: 2 people
Just want to give update on Austin.
Talks to coach strip weekly prior to signing day! strip has came by school a few times to see him in person. Austin is around 255 now and getting bigger! Solid weight! I imagine since signing day he will have more and more contact with other schools. Ole miss and Missouri are contacting him now. Will attend camps at UT and is going to Rivals camp this spring. Just waiting on that first offer then I'm sure the domino effect will occur. I want this guy in Orange. It's a pleasure coaching him these last 3 years and is a guy that will be an impact player wherever he attends!
Go vols!

Here he is with Al Wilson Last week

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back