'16 TN DT Jeremy Darvin

On an unrelated note... during the game a Purity Milk commercial came on and it was Jack Jones and his family! Right there in their kitchen.

I laugh when you say that no one on the staff was good, then turn around and say ya wish ya had 2 of em back...... SMH

That has nothing to do with them being good. I was comparing them to the current staff. Just because I would trade one for the other, doesn't mean they are good.

Pittman and probably Cheney would be the only ones I would take. So 2/9... Yep that staff was killer

But thanks for shaking your head, when you didn't understand my post in the first place :hi:

Last edited:
Going to be another solid DL haul in 2016. This guy and Shug Frazier would be a nice combo, along with a guy like Malik Walker who could play either DE or DT,

That has nothing to do with them being good. I was comparing them to the current staff. Just because I would trade one for the other, doesn't mean they are good.

Pittman and probably Cheney would be the only ones I would take. So 2/9... Yep that staff was killer

But thanks for shaking your head, when you didn't understand my post in the first place :hi:

Well thank you for summing it up for me! Oh and btw, I was shaking my head because I didn't understand your post.. But whatever, take my post how ever ya want. I was just confused that's all.

I know that true package deals are few and far between, but have he and Williams expressed any interest in playing college ball together?

"It was amazing, let alone it being an SEC offer and that's one of the best conferences, if not the best in the nation," Darvin said. "It was big, it was real big. It fired me up to play for the rest of the year. For Tennessee to come in and be the first school and be the home school, it's amazing."

Darvin made his way to Knoxville earlier this month to see the Vols take on Florida and despite the loss he liked what he saw in Neyland Stadium, including home players representing the home state.

"That was my first college football game and it was amazing. You can't get much better than that," Darvin said. "The environment they have their on defense, I absolutely love that. That, 'Third down for what,' coach Jones just have the place rocking up there. Then, seeing a lot of players from Nashville up there getting playing time that's another big thing, too."

Darvin also noticed how many young players were on the field for the Vols and counts that as a plus.

"That means a lot. It shows that the coach doesn't care about seniority, but he cares more about hard work, dedication and talent," Darvin said. "I'll give a lot of that and if coaches give me a shot I'll do my best to please them and play for my team."
-VQ.

Reactions: 5 people
Haha. I don't do the whole blue font thing. Not sure how to do it on mobile anyway. I agree with your list by the way. Graham would be fourth on mine, although I think we traded up there too.

No disrespect to Graham, and I'm surprised to say this, but Gillespie > Graham IMO

“In the next couple years, they’ll be really good, and that’s one of the schools I’m looking at right now. … It’s a real great program. And another big thing: It’s close, so Mom can come watch me play. That’s a big thing. I mean, they have a lot of young talent.”

He said he also has taken notice of the former Nashville-area standouts who have made significant impacts this season as true freshmen at Tennessee, a couple of whom played against Darvin’s Father Ryan team last year.

“A lot of the guys that are there (at Tennessee) now, we played last year. (Derek) Barnett, he played for (Brentwood Academy), and Jashon (Robertson) played for MBA,” Darvin said. “I mean, just to see those guys playing from last year ’til now and that transformation, it’s just huge.”

In-state DT Jeremy Darvin high on Tennessee Vols after offer

Reactions: 1 person
ChrisSmithVU247: Father Ryan (TN) DT Jeremy Darvin showed me 2night he can seriously move for his size. Very agile & more athletic than you think. #VU247

ChrisSmithVU247: Father Ryan (TN) DT Jeremy Darvin showed me 2night he can seriously move for his size. Very agile & more athletic than you think. #VU247

Yeah, watching the vine you posted, I was thinking he looked pretty good running that 40. Seems to move really well for a guy his size. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him start moving up the rankings.

Apparently he worked out as a 283 lb. LB and looked very quick and agile for his size. Lots of good young talent on display at the 7 on 7 workouts, and these are all midstate kids

Big man alert – Father Ryan defensive tackle Jeremy Darvin was working out at the event as a linebacker but will play defensive tackle on the next level. As a linebacker, he actually moved extremely well, showed great feet and even displayed good hands. It was a strong showcase of athleticism for the 6-2, 280-pounder with an offer from Tennessee.

-Barton Simmons 247

Reactions: 3 people
a 280lb high school LB? jebus. that's just unfair. i have to say these big guys that can move excite me. no homo.

Definitely intriguing, but coverage skills and straight-line speed aren't really important attributes for a DT. Hopefully he was just playing LB at this event to show off his athleticism, and continues improving the strength and hand skills he'll need in the trenches.

We are in on all these guys early. I think Darvin is ours. Give us Darvin and Perry and call it at DT. Focus most of our attention on WR and CB

We are in on all these guys early. I think Darvin is ours. Give us Darvin and Perry and call it at DT. Focus most of our attention on WR and CB

Naw. Put Khalil on Boss Tagaloa and make him tell him no. Then pair him with Darvin or Shug Frasier.

I like the way you think.

Perry, Darvin, Frazier. I'd get my DTs from that group this year. Just get the feeling Shug has others ahead of UT right now.

I like the way you think.

Perry, Darvin, Frazier. I'd get my DTs from that group this year. Just get the feeling Shug has others ahead of UT right now.
I think Shug goes to UGA or auburn. Also I like Tagola but idk if we can sway him from the big Cali schools.

VN Store

Back