'16 NJ QB Jarrett Guarantano (Vols commit 4/15/2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well the video says private now. Synopsis:

- Auburn and OU close to offering

- Will visit Alabama this summer

- Has visited OSU, AU, OU, UT, FSU, Clemson among others

- Feels most comfortable with Clemson and UT staffs. "I'm feeling more comfortable more and more each day with Clemson and Tennessee. These are two schools that have offered I feel really good about at this stage."

- Wants to decide by end of season, but thinks he will have decision made by August

From the DC NFTC.

Jarrett Guarantano was another promising 2016 signal-caller in attendance. His day was not quite as strong, as he struggled a little more with accuracy and delivery at times. But thanks to his lengthy frame, he showed flashes and a good upside.

Edit: From another article about the camp

While Guarantano has made a number of unofficial visits, he’s looking forward to making a number of trips this summer.

“I want to get to Alabama for a day, and Ohio State, too,” he said. “I want to be around the coaching staffs for a day. I want to get back to Auburn and Clemson, too. They are probably my No. 1 or No. 2 with Tennessee. I loved Clemson when I went down there, I loved everything about it.”

Last edited:
oradell (nj) bergen catholic 2016 four-star qb jarrett guarantano informed 247sports tuesday morning that he's high on three schools. "warm on tennessee, clemson and ohio state," guarantano said. The crystal ball has 75% for ohio state and 25% oklahoma early on for the nation's no. 3 pro-style qb.

Top-100 rising junior quarterbackJarrett Guarantano*of Bergen Catholic High School in Oradell, N.J., posted on his Twitter account Wednesday night that he's planning to visit Tennessee on Saturday for the Vols' quarterback camp.

Reactions: 1 person
Per VQ, Guarantano attends the same HS that Bajakian attended. So there's a small tie. Jarrett plans to be here on Saturday.

Sounds very promising.

But for Heaven's sake, can the writer of the article not get Manning's name right? It's PEYTON, not Payton. Shouldn't be that hard since his name's only been plastered all over the news for the last 20 years.

*steps quietly off soap box*

*sneaks up, and lights the fuse to the packs of firecrackers under the soap box*

From Rivals:

"I think I'm starting to narrow things down," said Guarantano. "I may or may not take that trip down to Alabama and see the campus and throw but we're still deciding if that's necessary. I might stop at Oklahoma for a final trip but that's it.

"Before this visit I knew I was going to start tightening up my list," he said. "I didn't think I was going to be this close to narrowing it down and really getting to a final decision this fast."

Guarantano was hesitant to name any favorites but there is a small group of schools standing out among the rest.

"I don't have a top schools but I know which schools I like the most," Guarantano said. "I like Ohio State, Tennessee, Clemson, Alabama, Auburn and Oklahoma. Those are the ones I like the most and Florida State could be in there also. I've had a lot of contact with them and they really do want me to get down to their campus.

"Tennessee is very much in the picture," he said. "They're one of my top schools right now. I'm really close with the coaching staff. My dad and coach Butch have had a close relationship ever since coach Butch was a grad assistant at Rutgers when my dad played there. Coach Bajakian went to my high school so we are very alike. I really do like everything about Tennessee and the fact that they feel like I'd be able to start as a true freshman is big.

"I want to see how separates themselves in terms of the coaching staff, the type of offense, the campus community, the type of people that are there and the ability to win a national championship," said Guarantano. "I do want to win a national championship and I do want hopefully compete for a Heisman if I'm lucky enough."

Reactions: 6 people
Kesling: Look at that beautiful 55, no 65, no 60 yard touchdown bomb from Jarod GuantanamoBay to Marshall South... Sorry that pass from GuantanamoBay was actually to Marshall West.

Reactions: 1 person
"I don't have a top schools but I know which schools I like the most," Guarantano said. "I like Ohio State, Tennessee, Clemson, Alabama, Auburn

"I want to see how separates themselves in terms of the coaching staff, the type of offense, the campus community, the type of people that are there and the ability to win a national championship," said Guarantano. "I do want to win a national championship and I do want hopefully compete for a Heisman if I'm lucky enough."

d91.gif

Reactions: 2 people
“It was beautiful,” Jarrett Guarantano said. “I went down there for a camp this time. I really did like Tennessee a lot. Me and the coaching staff have great connections with their quarterback coach/offensive coordinator (Mike Bajakian) being from my school and coach Butch (Jones) coaching my dad when he was in college. There’s really a lot of great connections there.”
scout

Reactions: 6 people
Having two elite commits at QB in 2016 might hurt us getting Hunter in '17.

I don't believe he is saying take both, he is just saying either one would be an amazing get.

I can't speak for Butch because he is always doing things we don't expect, but I would be extremely surprised to see him take two QB's in 16'.

I don't believe he is saying take both, he is just saying either one would be an amazing get.

I can't speak for Butch because he is always doing things we don't expect, but I would be extremely surprised to see him take two QB's in 16'.

:yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back