'16 MI DE Khalid Kareem

5-star offer list. Every relevant Big 10 school has offered, plus must be a smart kid with Harvard and Princeton offers, plus graduating in December. This kid should definitely be a priority.

CC05pwXVEAAYDVj.jpg

Kareem feels awfully good about Tennessee too. On Friday, he was the only recruit in Knoxville.

“We loved it over there,” Kareem said. “We love Coach (Steve) Stripling. He’s a fun guy to be around. Seemed like a good guy to have my son with. Tennessee rolled out the red carpet for us. It was a good time there. They had a good plan for us. We had a lot of opportunity to spend with a lot of people and we had a good time with everybody including Coach (Butch) Jones and the defensive coordinator, we met with him a couple times. A lot of time with Coach Strip. We broke down some film and broke down some of Khalid’s film, some of the things they looked at and some of the things they liked.”

“They were impressed with how bulky he got,” Kareem said. “He picked up some size, all good weight. He played last year at 235. He’ll probably play this year at 20 pounds heavier. Strip has always shown us a lot of love. He’ll email or DM myself or Khalid every day whether it’s a good morning, an inspirational quote or just saying get after it today. We like their defense and the philosophy of Coach Jones, but Strip has been instrumental in making us feel real wanted at Tennessee. We liked the facilities. We toured pretty much everything. We toured the grounds, the campus, they have one of the top-notch facilities we’ve seen including a barber shop in there.”

Reactions: 7 people
This helps answer the question on Strip's involvement in recruiting.. We're lucky.. Top notch coach at his position and recruits/players seem to love him..

He visited UA the day after UT, would like to see the quotes after to compare.

kareem's skill set reminds haubert of tennessee' kyle phillips, a 6-foot-4, 255-pound freshman whom rivals ranked as a five-star recruit, the third-best defensive end and the 32nd-best overall prospect in this year's recruiting class.

"they're going to be asked to do a little bit of different things, and i think phillips is a little bit bigger, but similar type of build, guys who really can get off the football and get upfield and get after the passer," haubert said. "and i think they also kind of were both guys that showed flashes but really seemed like they had only begun to scratch the surface of what they could be.

"i'd like to give you a guy maybe a little bit more established, but he's a guy who — as i was watching [kareem] this morning — i kept thinking about."

kareem would be the first recruit from michigan to sign with alabama since eventual heisman trophy winner mark ingram in 2008.

espn

VN Store

Back