'16 LA WR Corey Henderson (UT commit 3/30/15)

There was a time just a few weeks ago when Corey Henderson was hoping to visit a couple of other schools leading up to National Signing Day despite his longstanding commitment to Tennessee.

But he recently decided there was no need to go anywhere else.

The three-star senior wide receiver from Evangel Christian Academy in Shreveport, La., said he’s “100-percent Tennessee,” and his scheduled official visit with the Vols next weekend is the only trip he’s planning to take before signing with Tennessee on Feb. 3.

Henderson said he remains firmly committed to the Vols, just as he has been for most of the past 10 months, although he briefly thought about visiting at least one or two other schools this month.

“I was considering visiting ‘Bama and Miami and a couple other schools,” said Henderson, who’s ranked the nation’s No. 649 overall prospect and No. 99 wide receiver in the 247Sports Composite for the 2016 class.

-Callahan

Reactions: 3 people
I wonder if this convinces Darth that he is gay good.

Huh? If you're referring to me, I haven't been critical of Henderson. I'm very skeptical of Johnson, but I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong on him.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHA NVM. I just caught my typo in the Byrd thread. Carry on.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Huh? If you're referring to me, I haven't been critical of Henderson. I'm very skeptical of Johnson, but I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong on him.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHA NVM. I just caught my typo in the Byrd thread. Carry on.

:hi:

Leave the byrd thread as is. It's perfect

It seems clear that Henderson only considered other visits to make sure he had a spot with a quality program. Didn't want to lose out in any last minute shuffles.

-Callahan
See this is what Callahan was saying, Bama wanted him to visit as a backup option. Swain made it seem like Bama was making a serious push. That isn't the case. Swain just dramatizing things. JMO though.

I'm not questioning his knowledge of the game or his VFL status, he's just annoying and stirring sh** for no reason. Like cmon dude

Reactions: 2 people
See this is what Callahan was saying, Bama wanted him to visit as a backup option. Swain made it seem like Bama was making a serious push. That isn't the case. Swain just dramatizing things. JMO though.

I'm not questioning his knowledge of the game or his VFL status, he's just annoying and stirring sh** for no reason. Like cmon dude

I don't think anything at this time of the year is stirring poop. It is the silly season and really strange and bizarre stuff happens. While it is unlikely that Bama was going to offer, stranger things have happened and if he was going to go to Bama, I would not be overly concerned, but it still would have made me wonder a little.

I don't think anything at this time of the year is stirring poop. It is the silly season and really strange and bizarre stuff happens. While it is unlikely that Bama was going to offer, stranger things have happened and if he was going to go to Bama, I would not be overly concerned, but it still would have made me wonder a little.
Nothing of what I'm saying contests anything you said except the first sentence. Swains text came directly from talking to Callahan, but Callahan later posted that article saying there's nothing to worry about which is basically what he told swain and swain took it a completely different direction. Idk I just think he's amateur hour as a radio guy, and the sad thing was I liked his show a lot a few years ago. I think he's regressed

It's pretty simple really. We can all appreciate Swain as a VFL. We can all appreciate what Swain did as a UT player.

We can also feel like he sucks ass as a radio personality.

I'm sure there are a lot of VFL's that suck at their current jobs.....doesn't make them any less VFL and doesn't take away from what they did when they were at UT.

Reactions: 1 person
It's pretty simple really. We can all appreciate Swain as a VFL. We can all appreciate what Swain did as a UT player.

We can also feel like he sucks ass as a radio personality.

I'm sure there are a lot of VFL's that suck at their current jobs.....doesn't make them any less VFL and doesn't take away from what they did when they were at UT.

Well that sucks...or not... I'm confused

635901259418514321-CAP-1865.jpg

Hampered by injury, the wide out caught 42 passes for 435 yards and three touchdowns last season. He had 21 catches for 277 yards and six total touchdowns as a junior. Despite not putting up what some would perceive as Division I numbers, the Volunteers stuck with Henderson and he stuck with the Vols.

“I feel at home at Tennessee,” Henderson said. “I have a very good relationship with the coaches there."

Henderson headlines Evangel class, signs with Vols

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like his speed is his biggest strength. We could always use more speed and it only ties a scholarship up for 2 seasons.

Missed the backstory on this kid. Why did he have to go the JUCO route? Says he was an honor roll student in high school so it wasn't grades.

VN Store

Back