'16 GA WR/DB Marquez Callaway (UT commit 1/21/2016)

Should be in town.
.On Friday, look for Marquez Callaway to be on campus with his mother and that's a pretty big deal. Callaway has taken most trips with his coaches but bringing his mother along for the ride shows he's serious about the Vols.

After talking to several this week it certainly seems he's liked his several experiences in Knoxville over the last few years.

- VQ

Reactions: 2 people
Could be! I'll allow it!

Would be cool if he was 6-6 300. Instant nickname.... "Big Bertha"

100% CBs to UGA so that would be extra nice to win one from them on the recruiting trail before we whoop them in Neyland.

Yes this kid is a beast, I like him better than D. Robinson. Can someone include the Hudl film and links to his recruiting profiles, Thanks

OV, one post in this thread isn't enough from you... Is this guy better than Mecole?

I just noticed he is from WRHS. #WRHS2WRU #VOLLOCK

"Basically, we went up there so my parents could tour the school because they hadn't seen it," Callaway said. "Then, I just hung out with the coaches and some of the players. I did some of the camp but wasn't able to do all the camp because I hurt my ankle earlier in the week so the coaches just told me to chill out and do some routes and one-on-ones."

"I like the coaches. They seem pretty cool and laid back," Callaway said. "Then, I didn't know they were changing to Nike so that's cool. I just like the school, too."

"It seems like it could fit me because the coaches told me when I graduate Tennessee is losing three or four receivers and they will need some help at receiver and they said the freshmen that come in will have to play," he said. "So, if I got to Tennessee I know I'll get the chance to play a lot. "Everybody wants to play and having an opportunity to something you can't pass up."

-VQ

Says he's in no hurry, plans to take all 5 OV's and decide on NSD.

Reactions: 7 people
callaway’s visit couldn’t have gone much better for tennessee. The top-100 athlete has been one of the vols’ top wide-receiver targets in the 2016 class for months, and while he hadn’t visited tennessee since attending its home game against florida last season, he was accompanied by his parents during friday’s visit. The 6-foot-2, 175-pound callaway told govols247 after the visit that he likes the vols “a lot,” and he already is planning to return to tennessee for a game this season — and perhaps even sooner.

He said he has talked with one of his friends — georgia wide receiver commitment darion anderson of warner robins, ga. — about the vols, and anderson now is interested in joining him on his next trip to ut, which callaway said could come before the end of the summer. Georgia remains the heavy favorite to land callaway on the 247sports crystal ball, with auburn, florida, florida state and south carolina, among others, also in the mix. But tennessee undoubtedly is a contender for callaway after impressing him and his parents during friday’s visit.

Reactions: 11 people
Callaway has told numerous people that UGA isn't really recruiting him that hard. Tennessee and FSU are recruiting him the hardest

Do you like him better as WR or DB? I recall seeing you said he was a beast in an earlier post. his quotes sound like he will be a WR

Callaway has told numerous people that UGA isn't really recruiting him that hard. Tennessee and FSU are recruiting him the hardest

My question would be:

What if they decide to start recruiting him hard down the road? Would that be a game-changer (a la Dalton Santos)?

I was having problems with it on mobile also. The Recruiting Forum Off Topic Thread was redirecting to the next-to-last Mecole Hardman page every time. I had to clear my iPhone's Safari cache and reboot to fix it.

It happens sometimes on mobile when threads get merged. You can also click on PC mode then come back to mobile to fix it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

VN Store

Back