'16 GA LB Ja'Quain Blakely (UT commit 8/1/15)

Top performers: National Select 7-on-7 Championships - See more at:

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1784099#sthash.zxZZCEgO.dpuf

#5 OLB
Ja'Quain Blakely
Moultrie (Ga.) Colquitt County

Recruiting Wrap: Blakely has a top two of Florida and Tennessee.

Performance: Blakely was one of the more physically imposing players in attendance. His long wing span allows him to cover a large amount of space, and his lateral movement allows him to get where he needs to be on the field. He already has the look of an SEC linebacker and he is comfortable in coverage situations.

Reactions: 12 people
Bituli is likely a DE.

I love this commit. Many folks will lose their minds over it and he'll end up a highly ranked 4 star by NSD. :popcorn:

That's a 4 star offer list if I've ever seen one. Good film too.

Oh yeah, boom!

7f2e11d2afa3f1c5ca330eb629beb78f.gif

Reactions: 9 people
What's he think now?

I haven't followed his recruitment to be honest. I don't see how this young man is 5.6 3 star with his offer list?

He hasn't posted anything since Blakely committed.

Should touch on it Monday when he does weekly write up.

He didn't hit camp circus until this off season.

For some reason CCHS is late releasing film.

Last edited:
This kid's tape is REALLY impressive.

I trust this staff's recruiting evaluations implicitly.

Reactions: 2 people
Two questions.

Is the old Hoover Alabama coach still at this school and

Didn't his son go to UT?
Quality kids are in this program (they did win state last year in Georgia's largest division)and if UT can get in well with this program. ..... Well you know I'll hang up and listen.

Yes Rush Propst is the coach at Colquitt County High. Former Vol John Propst is his nephew. Rush has a bit of a checkered past. Good coach though.

Still remember when Propst was named Freshman all SEC. Dooley quipped that he was the only Freshman Middle linebacker to actually play in a game. Dooley was funny sometimes.

The vision this kid has is amazing. He sees the ball carrier and eats their lunch.

After watching some of his tape.... if you put him and Darrell Taylor on the same side in a speed package, it would be ruthless

You can thank Joc Bruce and Kyle Oliver for this commit. This kid has more upside than both of them combined. It's nice to know we can now take 21-22 kids in this class. These types of commitments make much more sense.

I'll also add, the fact that we took him/liked him more than E Bridges and J Laguins says a lot too. Jancek loves this kid from what I've been told. Not sure he'll be a 4* guy by signing day, but he will move up significantly. Just needs to add size.

Reactions: 8 people
This need seems like the type of speedy, slightly undersized (in high school at least) LB that this staff loves.

Interested to see if Butuli ends up playing with his hand in the dirt. From his film, I always kinda thought he might end up being a Leo type player.

Bituli is going to be a DE. May get a little hybrid action (Maggitt). So, this is our 2nd true LB commit. I'm good with this one.

VN Store

Back