'16 GA CB Nygel Edmonds

Rumors floating around osu sites that osu is the only school he has visited since last year.

Allegedly his mom is from Ohio and is an osu fan.

No idea what that means.

Last edited:
I really would like to have this guy. I think he would be great at Nickel.

Chance Sylvie will be our nickel in the 2016 class. I think he is ranked 203 on 247, he is from Louisiana. Friends with Henderson. He is visiting again for the O&W game with his family this time. I'd be willing to bet if he makes it in, he commits that weekend.

He looks like an elite nickel prospect if you ask me.

Reactions: 2 people
Chance Sylvie will be our nickel in the 2016 class. I think he is ranked 203 on 247, he is from Louisiana. Friends with Henderson. He is visiting again for the O&W game with his family this time. I'd be willing to bet if he makes it in, he commits that weekend.

He looks like an elite nickel prospect if you ask me.

Since we're in on several other elite DBs - not necessarily NBs - do you think Sylvie is a take? Specifically, I'm talking about Williams, Warrior, Vaughn, Knott, Ladler, etc.

Since we're in on several other elite DBs - not necessarily NBs - do you think Sylvie is a take? Specifically, I'm talking about Williams, Warrior, Vaughn, Knott, Ladler, etc.

Yes bc in today's college game the nickel is one of the most important positions on defense. The various skill-sets it takes to be a good nickel makes that a tough position to play.

We will most likely take 2 safeties, a nickel, and 2 corners. This class will be DB, and WR heavy.

Thought Sylvie was being recruited as a safety?

Recruiting sites have evaluated him as a safety, but I haven't seen any mention of the position we are actually recruiting him to play. That information would have to come from him or someone close to him because the coaches obviously can't comment on it.

Insiders for osu not sure if he is a "take" at this point and they are calling him to Stanford.

#crootin

I can't ever be mad for a guy choosing Stanford.

Love their style of play and it's a great education.

#165 in Rivals250.

EDIT: Don't know why it says "GA" on the title. He moved to McCallie in Chattanooga.

Last edited:
I can't ever be mad for a guy choosing Stanford.

Love their style of play and it's a great education.

Better there than say Mizzou or Vandy. Yeah Stanford has it going on. Great mixture of sports, education and culture in general.

There are a few guys from the Chattanooga area that I wish were Vols. Von Bell of course- no fault of CBJ, he just didn't have enough time to really sale Von.

Kareem Orr that signed with Arizona State out of Notre Dame in Chatt is another guy who could have been a good player for us.

Now Edmonds. We got that kid from Cedar Hill Texas, that is committed, and I just kind of shake my head a bit. But we are building a pipeline to that school. So I can't complain about that. Cedar Hill is one of the top programs in Texas. Along with De Soto and many others.

I trust Butch, but I really would like Edmonds to be a future nickel back for the Vols.

VN Store

Back