'16 FL RB Carlin Fils-Aime (Vol commit 7/30/15)

If true, I am more concerned that they just figured it out midseason of year #3.

Well we haven't had enough guys to do it until this season. It's been all talk until 2015.

I thought it was just talk to promote early playing time. But I was wrong. They actually thought it was a good idea.

Reactions: 1 person
The composite is flawed because it gives equal weight to scout and ESPN.

People tend to give scout a bad rep, but they do an excellent job. No one ever posts the info they put up like they do at rivals and 247 but they're equivalent with rivals now. You can't truly tell how good a company was at evaluating until 3-4 years after that recruiting class anyways, so to say they're not on par is just a guess. If you had a subscription, you'd understand that they break news before rivals and have a number of interviews before them. They've really stepped their game up since Chad Simmons took over.

The rotating of 9-10 WR is very goofy. It's like we are trying to be too cute with our coaching. I think the WR play improved when injuries shortened the depth chart. I don't think that was coincidence.

Yeah I didn't get that either. Sort of defies logic in regards to developing timing and chemistry between WR and QB.

Well we haven't had enough guys to do it until this season. It's been all talk until 2015.

I thought it was just talk to promote early playing time. But I was wrong. They actually thought it was a good idea.

Well, until injuries took their toll last season, just like this year, they made an attempt at it. North, Croom, Pig, Pearson, Malone, Josh Smith, Jonathan Johnson all played in a lot of games. None of those guys graduated, and we added mouths to feed, and instead of highlighting 3 to 4 guys, we ran 8-10 in and out of games.

I think you're right about using it to try and promote playing time, but I also think this has been their philosophy for a while now. Hopefully it changes.

I thought EZ said mid season that they had figured that part out and weren't going to do it anymore.

I don't know. I think it was more a product of they had to instead of wanted to. Injuries forced shorter rotation. The staff wants heavy WR rotations because they ask so much from them in run game. It wears them down if they are playing too much as they are no plays off. They have to sell run every time which is part of the separation problem

It's like saying, "We're not convinced we do a good job of evaluating so we'll just take them all and divide by four."

But we all tried to do this in the past, i.e. some form of (weighted) averaging in our heads of the Rivals, Scout, maybe ESPN scores. What amazes me is that 247 almost immediately became the "go to" recruiting site because of a simple average that any of the other sites could have done, and could still do. This could be a business school case, like selling water - our most abundant natural resource - for $1 a bottle.

I don't know. I think it was more a product of they had to instead of wanted to. Injuries forced shorter rotation. The staff wants heavy WR rotations because they ask so much from them in run game. It wears them down if they are playing too much as they are no plays off. They have to sell run every time which is part of the separation problem

Makes sense. But I would still think they'd be better off playing no more than 5 or 6 in the game outside of garbage time.

But we all tried to do this in the past, i.e. some form of (weighted) averaging in our heads of the Rivals, Scout, maybe ESPN scores. What amazes me is that 247 almost immediately became the "go to" recruiting site because of a simple average that any of the other sites could have done, and could still do. This could be a business school case, like selling water - our most abundant natural resource - for $1 a bottle.

IMO ESPN should use a composite. The pay sites should assign a value according to their analysts and live by it.

Well, until injuries took their toll last season, just like this year, they made an attempt at it. North, Croom, Pig, Pearson, Malone, Josh Smith, Jonathan Johnson all played in a lot of games. None of those guys graduated, and we added mouths to feed, and instead of highlighting 3 to 4 guys, we ran 8-10 in and out of games.

I think you're right about using it to try and promote playing time, but I also think this has been their philosophy for a while now. Hopefully it changes.

Top 4-5 next year when healthy should be: North, Croom, Malone, Williams, and Smith. Give Dobbs a consistent set of guys to throw to like most QBs have. Every WR runs their routes different so it's hard on a QB to throw to different guys every time. Now there were quite a few deep passes that would've been big plays had the WRs just went up and won. Bama WRs go up and win on the regular. Our guys just sit there and look up at the ball. And we're not aggressive enough play calling wise. IMO With our running game we should be very aggressive with PA passes.

But we all tried to do this in the past, i.e. some form of (weighted) averaging in our heads of the Rivals, Scout, maybe ESPN scores. What amazes me is that 247 almost immediately became the "go to" recruiting site because of a simple average that any of the other sites could have done, and could still do.

The composite rating was the single greatest marketing move by any of the 4 main services.

635858689372814157-Carlin-Fils-aime.jpg

Naples High running back Carlin Fils-aime was one of two running backs named Wednesday to the 2015 ALL-USA Florida Football First Team...

Naples football stars earn all-state honor

It wasn't uncommon for Naples to take a three-score or more lead over their opponents into halftime, limiting the number of touches Fils-Aime got later in the game.

"His body of work speaks for itself," coach Bill Kramer said. "But who knows how many records he could have had"...."Nobody here is surprised. We knew he was something special from the day he got here," Kramer said. "You had to hold your breath every time he touched the football. He had a play or two every game that was just ridiculous."

NDN 2015 Football Offensive Player of the Year: Carlin Fils-Aime, Naples High School

Things all changed for Carlin Fils-Aime in 2001. The eventual Tennessee commitment would step on a plane and leave his homeland in hope of a better life in the United States. That worked out quite well.

Fils-Aime was born in Haiti before joining his father in south Florida when he was just 4-years-old. The tailback from Naples (Fla.) High School hasn’t just developed into a good football player, that’s just part of the transformation.

Also a standout student, Fils-Aime plans to be a lawyer. He was also named homecoming king during his senior season. He’s come a long way from Haiti. “I’m very thankful,” Fils-Aime told SEC Country. “I try to do the best I can in everything I do. That was a very big change in my life, moving here. I’m trying to make the best of it every chance I get.”

Tennessee commitment has come a long way from his homeland

Reactions: 18 people
Couldn't be more pumped to have CFA in Orange...seems like such a positive, happy kid.

That's one of the things I love about Fils-Aime; he's positively beaming in just about every picture I've seen of him. A lot of HS football players try to look tough or mean in their pics, but CFA appear to be just a genuinely happy and gracious kid who happens to be a terror on the football field.

Reactions: 10 people
That's one of the things I love about Fils-Aime; he's positively beaming in just about every picture I've seen of him. A lot of HS football players try to look tough or mean in their pics, but CFA appear to be just a genuinely happy and gracious kid who happens to be a terror on the football field.

Butch's staff has done a great job finding this type of kid. CFA is a perfect fit for the mighty vols

I hope this kid gets a shot at slot next year til Hurd leaves, then move back to rb if he wants. Or play both positions. Could be a deadly slot guy

VN Store

Back