'16 CA DT Boss Tagaloa

I think Boss himself may be a Samoan.

If he does infact commit to us, I hope that mustache doesn't tag along

Reactions: 1 person
Remember that one publication that said Kahlil might have been transferring out of De La Salle so he could get more playing time? I guess boss was the reason why.

But seriously, probably would've made a sick DT combo.

Remember that one publication that said Kahlil might have been transferring out of De La Salle so he could get more playing time? I guess boss was the reason why.

But seriously, probably would've made a sick DT combo.

He transferred out of De La Salle because they wouldn't allow him to take part in The Opening. There is no highschool lineman in the country that could take snaps away from Kahlil.

Reactions: 3 people
What's the connection with the California defensive tackle and Tennessee? He's a former teammate at De La Salle of Tennessee commitment Kahlil McKenzie. McKenzie has been recruiting Tagaloa and it has the big defensive tackle listening.

The Vols offered a few weeks ago and Tagaloa is interested enough that he may visit for the Florida game with McKenzie if his schedule can get worked out. Even though it's early and Tagaloa will be able to play anywhere on the West Coast, there seems to be legitimate interest in the Vols early on.
-VQ.

Reactions: 8 people
He transferred out of De La Salle because they wouldn't allow him to take part in The Opening. There is no highschool lineman in the country that could take snaps away from Kahlil.
I know. There was someone who covers national HS football who tried to say Kahlil may have been transferring to get more playing time his senior year. It was ridiculous and that's what I was referring to/making fun of.

I think pulling Boss from the Cali schools will prove too difficult. I know Oregon and Arizona are also pushing. It's been awhile since I could say this: "we will be okay at DT". Tuttle, McKenzie, Picou, Sawyers, and possibly Big Charles are the future. I know Settle is still being recruited as well. Adding him solidifies the best DT haul in modern UT history.

Stripling to see him tonight. According to VQ he is tight with McKenzie and very interested in playing beside him. One to keep an eye on.

We are serious contenders for a lot of DTs this cycle:

Tagaloa
Gary
Brown
Dexter Lawrence
Rochester
Frazier
Darvin

If you have to pick two, who do we have the best shot at or what two our at the top of our board?

We are serious contenders for a lot of DTs this cycle:

Tagaloa
Gary
Brown
Dexter Lawrence
Rochester
Frazier
Darvin

If you have to pick two, who do we have the best shot at or what two our at the top of our board?

Rochester seems like he could commit to UGA at any time. We're on down the list for Brown as well. McKenzie helps us with Tagaloa, but my guess would be that it's gonna be tough to pull him from the left coast.

Gary and Lawrence have both recently said that they were interested in us. I don't know what our chances really are with either of them, but I would be putting the full-court press on them.

I think Darvin and Frazier would be a little further down the board, but both could be nice pick-ups.

I also think there are quite a few other intriguing options at DT out there this year. Seems to be a very deep group at that position this cycle.

Reactions: 1 person
If we can land any combination of those guys our DT rotation will be sickeningly good.

P.S. This kid's name is awesome.

VN Store

Back