'16 AZ DE Jonathan Kongbo UT Signee 2/3/16

Pearl got the punishment he got because when faced with the allegations, instead of admitting the violation and taking the minor hit, he lied, he asked his assistants to lie and he asked the players involved and their families to lie.
Others have done worse and have been punished far less severely. I'm not disputing or defending what he did but he got punished well beyond the norm.

Reactions: 4 people
Others have done worse and have been punished far less severely. I'm not disputing or defending what he did but he got punished well beyond the norm.

then you have what happened at North Carolina, cheating which undermined student athletes education

Reactions: 2 people

No doubt. The NCAA had him caught red handed. There was zero plausible doubt and that's almost never the case. They had free reign to drop the hammer and they did.

No doubt. The NCAA had him caught red handed. There was zero plausible doubt and that's almost never the case. They had free reign to drop the hammer and they did.

They've had other coaches/programs over the barrel too. But of course they didn't have Mike Hamilton and Jimmy Cheek representing them either.

They've had other coaches/programs over the barrel too. But of course they didn't have Mike Hamilton and Jimmy Cheek representing them either.

I don't recall them
Ever having a coach confessing in a second interview or anything like that and that's correct about Hammy. He was soft as charmin.

I don't recall them
Ever having a coach confessing in a second interview or anything like that and that's correct about Hammy. He was soft as charmin.

Not sure about fessing up but they've had overwhelming evidence. I would think fessing up should get you some mercy compared to a program that denied everything despite the evidence.

Kongbo or Brown has committed to UT. If they had not informed the coaches of it by now I have no doubt Bailey, Moss, or Williams would have committed. They didn't strike out.

I keep going back and forth... but can't seem to shake the similarities right now between warrior, kongbo, and brown as far as info goes.

its so scattered, so sparse... and every time something seems to swell up, its different than it was 3 hours ago.

two words for ya.

BUTCH. JONES.

Whatever happen to the days of the plantation owner mascot one he sidelines and the rebel flag. It is not that far removed. Just below the surface. Butch should show recruits the 30 for 30 on Ole Miss 1962 team and racism.

UT was the SEC team to have African American quarterback. :rock:

This stuff needs to be let go. That's clutching desperation

VN Store

Back