'15 VA ATH Jaason Lewis

We got a crystal ball pick? Shut the front door this one is over!

breakingbad-aaron-paul-jesse-pinkman-yellow-suit-dance.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Impressive in Ocean Lakes' opener. Rushed 5 times for 36 yards & 3 TDs, had 5 catches for 103 yards & 2 TDs.

Reactions: 1 person
Adam Friedman interview of Jaason up on Rivals...

UCLA is most recent offer, they want him to play WR/RB, H Back role. Most schools want him on offense at TE/RB/H Back role, some want him at SS on D. Jaason said he wants to play on offense. 3 schools that want him the most/recruiting him the hardest are GT, UCLA and UT he said. Sounds like he likes GT quite a bit, said he visited UGA and didn't like it. Friedman didn't ask him directly about UT so the only mention was that UT is recruiting him really hard. Said he doesn't have any other visits planned right now other than to GT on 10/19.

Lewis tried to commit to UNC early in the process but they did not accept his commitment so he has taken a step back but GT is the only school that he has given very good reviews about so far because he has visited there already. He will need more visits before he can really move forward in the recruiting process.

There are a lot of questions about his future position. Lewis is a big track star and runs like a deer. He likes playing offense but he is too big to be a running back and doesn't have good enough hands to be a wide receiver. If Lewis wants to play on offense he would likely be a TE or H-back. On defense, he has the speed to play safety but he would probably play LB or DE if a college could convince him to play defense.

- Adam Friedman

Pass catching TE all day IMO. Huge mismatch for defenses. Once he gets in the open field he would be a YAC machine. Hope we can get him to commit early on. Would be one of the biggest gets for the 2015 class no doubt.

This article doesn't make any sense. There's no way UNC wouldn't take this kid's commitment, and Friedman didn't even ask any questions about Tennessee who Lewis has named his leader.

This article doesn't make any sense. There's no way UNC wouldn't take this kid's commitment, and Friedman didn't even ask any questions about Tennessee who Lewis has named his leader.

Article is a tad salty .... I think?

Reactions: 1 person
It wasn't an article. Friedman posted the video on VQ. I summarized the video in my post. Then Friedman shared some of his thoughts in his thread on VQ, I posted that in the following post under my summary of his video. The video was one of those where the rivals guy grabs the recruit after his game just ended and asks him a few questions. Not sure why he didn't ask about UT.

I'm also not sure why UNC didn't take Lewis's commitment but I'm pretty sure that's accurate. I have a UNC friend who told me that a couple months back, I forget why he said they wouldn't take his commitment. I'll ask him.

I'm also not sure why UNC didn't take Lewis's commitment but I'm pretty sure that's accurate. I have a UNC friend who told me that a couple months back, I forget why he said they wouldn't take his commitment. I'll ask him.

They told him they couldn't accept his commitment back in May (I think) because they told him they hadn't vetted him academically yet.

Because fedora's a dumbass maybe?

VN Store

Back