'15 TN WR Van Jefferson

It's partially ran by Andrew Darago. He is a clown who tries to claim he is a UT fan. He use to help out on some of the TSR shows. Imagine a younger Paul Finebaum.

Never seen a state with more half-wits attempting to pad their "journalistic" credentials by taking shots at the home team, whether or not there was a shred of substance to their program issue du jour.

Reactions: 1 person
Why do you hate a bunch of undersized slow kids that play tough and gritty? They are like Rudy every year. They don't scare anybody getting off the bus (with the exception of the ocassional Dylan Jackson every 5 or 6 years).

I hate that they refuse to play anyone until playoff time when they have to. Maryville has been ranked nationally numerous times and I think they'd get destroyed if they played anyone outside of east TN.

If you're the best in TN then go play the best in KY, MS, OH, AL like some of the mid-state and west TN teams do. Maryville will likely never play a Hoover, L'ville Trinity, South Panola MS etc. as Ensworth, and Blackman have. Hell, go play some of the better mid-state teams in the regular season.

Quarles and Co would probably be a .500 team if they played elsewhere in the country. My view of HS football is jaded because I grew up in an area of FL that has some of the best HS football in the country, so I watch Maryville and im not impressed. I grew up 20 miles from Pahokee and 15 miles from Belle Glade Glades Central (more NFL players than any HS in the nation) and have seen two of the poorest, smallest schools in the country go and play anybody, anywhere.

Plus I went to the Maryville-Knox Central game my first year at UT at Central and Maryville fans were jackasses for the most part. That game sealed my disdain for the program.

Last edited:
What's strange about the Malone deal is we have heard recruits that visit talk about Malone telling them UT is the place to be. Very confusing.

This. Will wait for confirmation from a real source. Remember that Da'Rick, the last rivals 5* receiver we had, didn't see the field much his freshman year and was then arguably the best receiver in the SEC his sophomore year.

We've already seen flashes, but an extra spring for Malone to mature and get his feet under him will be just what he needs. I expect big things from him in 2015.

I'm not worried about these Malone rumors. He's the most naturally gifted WR we have but he probably gives the least amount of effort to be honest. That's a recipe that will always find you in the coach's doghouse.

That drop against Missouri arguably cost us that game and I chalk it up to not giving his all for Tennessee on that play.

He's going to be alright when the light comes on imo.

On Malone, his uncle posts on TOS (confirmed its him), he said Josh is frustrated by injuiries and his own lack of production. The uncle said hes given zero indication of a transfer.

Reactions: 11 people
On Malone, his uncle posts on TOS (confirmed its him), he said Josh is frustrated by injuiries and his own lack of production. The uncle said hes given zero indication of a transfer.

Good news.

Someone posted a list the other day with the top 10 WRs from the 2014 class and their freshman year stats. Statistically, Malone was like 3rd or 4th on that list.

Not every freshman WR comes in and lights it up. The Da'Rick Rogers example was a good one.

Malone will be alright. Same thing happened with da'rick. He came back as a sophomore and went crazy with no help around him at WR

Good news.

Someone posted a list the other day with the top 10 WRs from the 2014 class and their freshman year stats. Statistically, Malone was like 3rd or 4th on that list.

Not every freshman WR comes in and lights it up. The Da'Rick Rogers example was a good one.

And sammy watkins

Malone just needs to keep his head up and keep working. It will all come together, he has too much talent. I still think Malone will be a All-American by his junior year. Josh keep working your not the first super talented guy to struggle their freshman year. GO VOLS!!!

I can't help but think this is a complete overreaction. Very rarely do freshman receivers make a difference in the SEC. Next yr will be Malone's coming out.

He'll mature. He comes from a great family from what I hear. Fwiw I like kids like Malone who are the anti Da'ricks of the world. He needs just a tad bit of swagger and he'll be fine.

Josh is upset with his production not Jones. He knows what he needs to do. I hope he shows some strides in practice and maybe he can get 5 rec for 75 yds in the bowl?

I'm not worried about these Malone rumors. He's the most naturally gifted WR we have but he probably gives the least amount of effort to be honest. That's a recipe that will always find you in the coach's doghouse.

That drop against Missouri arguably cost us that game and I chalk it up to not giving his all for Tennessee on that play.

He's going to be alright when the light comes on imo.

Much more worried about hendrix

I think part of the mental wear on this team came from having to fight every single down just to stay afloat.

They'll benefit from the offseason and come back nasty

On Van, ole miss is apparently having an in home visit with him. Hope we do the same soon. It really doesn't seem like we are still recruitng him that hard.

Hope this is true cause it`s all in Josh`s hands. You can recover from injuries and You can work on making yourself better. If he wants to make a bigger impact next season he can.

VN Store

Back