'15 TN PF/C Skal Labissiere

And they didn't hire him. No high major program is gonna hire him.

They were going to hire him, but Skal didn't ultimately want to go there and so they didn't make his list. I'm telling you now, if Georgetown, Baylor or Tennessee were assured that they would get Skal if they would hire Hamilton at least one of them would.

I do think he ends up at Memphis, and have maintained that belief for a long time, but if one of those schools entertains the idea of hiring Hamilton it could get interesting. What it may come down to is finally doing what Skal wants and not his mentor, I believe Skal would prefer to stay home and not just go wherever will hire Hamilton, which ultimately means he stays in Memphis.

Last edited:
They were going to hire him, but Skal didn't ultimately want to go there and so they didn't make his list. I'm telling you now, if Georgetown, Baylor or Tennessee were assured that they would get Skal if they would hire Hamilton at least one of them would.

I do think he ends up at Memphis, and have maintained that belief for a long time, but if one of those schools entertains the idea of hiring Hamilton it could get interesting. What it may come down to is finally doing what Skal wants and not his mentor, I believe Skal would prefer to stay home and not just go wherever will hire Hamilton, which ultimately means he stays in Memphis.

If someone was going to hire Hamilton it was going to be Ole Miss. Through all that, and all the negative publicity he has gotten since, it has gotten through Hamilton's thick head that he can't get away with the assistant gig anymore. If a school pulls it off I'll admit I was wrong, but I'll go on record right now that no high major school is going to hire Hamilton.

Fleming helping Iowa recruiting
07/15/2014 HawkeyeReport.com

During the July evaluation period, Iowa commit Andrew Fleming has hooked up with a new AAU team that includes a five star prospect. As luck would have it the duo have hit it off on and off the court and big time prospect Skal Labissiere is now talking about wanting to play with Fleming in college.

Fleming helping Iowa recruiting
07/15/2014 HawkeyeReport.com

During the July evaluation period, Iowa commit Andrew Fleming has hooked up with a new AAU team that includes a five star prospect. As luck would have it the duo have hit it off on and off the court and big time prospect Skal Labissiere is now talking about wanting to play with Fleming in college.

This was said in July, and when Skal released his top 6 in August Iowa wasn't included. That's about all you need to know here.

I think in regards to hiring of his guardian, that ship has sailed. Ole Miss balked once the possible hiring got a lot of attention, and I think any other high-major would too.

Possible new development in his recruiting... Dedric Lawson(#7 in the 2016 class) has decided to re-classify for 2015,so that he can play with his brother KJ Lawson (#38 in the 2015 class) at Memphis. It might push Skal to go ahead and sign with Memphis and set up a monster class.

Possible new development in his recruiting... Dedric Lawson(#7 in the 2016 class) has decided to re-classify for 2015,so that he can play with his brother KJ Lawson (#38 in the 2015 class) at Memphis. It might push Skal to go ahead and sign with Memphis and set up a monster class.

That could put Memphis in a tough spot if they only have 1 scholly left. Do they take Skal and risk making the Lawson's mad or do they take the other Lawson kid and lose Skal

CC transfers like Cunningham and Hawkins are on 1 year scholarships and know they may have to be walk-ons next season.

Just like last week, the Vols' head coach hit Memphis hard with an emphasis on getting in front of five-star big man Skal Labissiere.

The No. 4 ranked player in the 2015 class, Labissiere is scheduled to be on campus in two weeks for an official visit. How great of a shot the Vols have to come out on top of what's been an intense recruitment is tough to gauge at this point. Memphis has long been thought to be the team to beat, but that's more speculation than fact.

For the moment, Tennessee looks at least like a dark horse to land him and the staff has done some serious work to stay involved.

Overall, Tyndall and assistant coach Al Pinkins have been putting in the effort to try and project a strong presence in Memphis.

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
That's great. We need more Memphis presence and if we can somehow pull Skal, that would give us more than enough spotlight in the National recruiting scene, IMO

That's great. We need more Memphis presence and if we can somehow pull Skal, that would give us more than enough spotlight in the National recruiting scene, IMO

If we land skal I will rub it in all my ky friends faces

Guys I am from Memphis Tn and have great recourses into his camp. His handlers are as dirty as anything I've seen around Memphis in a long time. They want extra benefits/jobs and are using josh paster to get it.

Pastner is now being held hostage over city kids due to his go glaring inability to get top prospects successfully to the NBA and paid. Memphis basketball is now where blue chips go to die. This is why "handlers" in the city will not Succumb to the pressure that is Memphis without something in return. Pastner has lost a lot of cred especially with west Tn. People.

This kid will go to where his "posse" tell him to. Cal is still openly recruiting him as are others, but don't let that insinuate his recruitment is open. Here's how this lines up.

1. Memphis
2. Ole miss
3. Overseas.

If Memphis or Ole Miss offer what his handler wants, they will get him. If not, he's headed overseas. I've been told Memphis is prepared to do what they have to, and risk this. As Memphis always does in order to try and win basketball games.

I work in Shelby county with coaches close to this situation. Thought I'd share, as I usually have decent info as it pertains to the Shelby county area.

Love the board hope you guys are cool with me dropping by here and there. I'm a big UK guy (my dad and his family are from Kentucky)but was raised in Dyersburg so I know UT and it's fans well.

Congratulations on CDT.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back