'15 TN OT Nathan Gilliam

I hope the coaches have bigger fish to fry, if they don't, it concerns me some. Kid is decent, but to compete in the SEC I feel like you need Elite linemen.

I see where you guys are coming from, but I think we need another OT in this class. Of the realistic possibilities I would take Richmond, Sweet, McGirt, and Givens in that order before I would take Gilliam. I think Gilliam could be a solid player in time with good coaching. His offer list isn't bad, although I don't know which ones were commitable. If we miss on some other players, I would think our coaches would at least give Gilliam a long, hard look.

I see where you guys are coming from, but I think we need another OT in this class. Of the realistic possibilities I would take Richmond, Sweet, McGirt, and Givens in that order before I would take Gilliam. I think Gilliam could be a solid player in time with good coaching. His offer list isn't bad, although I don't know which ones were commitable. If we miss on some other players, I would think our coaches would at least give Gilliam a long, hard look.

Obviously we're all speculating here, but I would guess that we would go after another juco OT before we would take Gilliam.

Legacy guy + OL + Knoxville = We should have this kid committed already. He should be sending tweets to other recruits encouraging them to join. The way his brother has persevered this year, this should be done without hesitation.

He will do well at Wake Forest. He'll benefit from a weak conference (top to bottom) and he will have a hell of a degree. Not a bad choice IMO.

Wish we could convince Nathan to be a preferred walk on. Hard to pass up a free ride to a school like Wake Forest though.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't believe this guy doesn't have a scholarship. He fills an immediate need and is a legacy. Its gonna be a shame if we let him go trying to pursue TSL and Pat Allen who I don't think we get anyways.

Can't believe this guy doesn't have a scholarship. He fills an immediate need and is a legacy. Its gonna be a shame if we let him go trying to pursue TSL and Pat Allen who I don't think we get anyways.

I think that's the problem. Nathan is going to be a developmental player instead of someone that is more ready to help fill an immediate need. Still wish we could take him.

I really like him to. If he has the heart of his brother, he would definitely be worth the scholarship. He is a lot better than his brother was coming out. He has a pretty good offer list too. If we completely struck out, maybe we would make a push. I think we could land him, even at the last minute.

VN Store

Back