'15 TN ILB Tre Malone

Tre Malone kept seeing his peers at the Nashville-based In Full Motion/Playmakers Academy piling up offers from major college football programs throughout the South and beyond. Malone, a rising junior linebacker in the 2015 class at Station Camp High School in Gallatin, knew it was time to ratchet up his commitment.

"From March to now I've lost about 24 pounds. From 246 to 222," said the 6-foot-1 Malone. "It really does make you faster and I feel like I'm more level on the field and can move around more.

"When I went to the Rivals camp (mid-summer in the Dallas area for underclassmen), I really didn't get that much attention because of what I weighed. I was doing good but I know my weight was a big issue with not getting my name out and more colleges looking at me. Now I run every morning before practice, ran before summer practices and work out with my In Full Motion team. I'm running a couple miles, sprints and gassers in the mornings before I go to school."

"I think all of the work I've put into it, all the work the team's put in, my workouts with IFM, and I think I can put all of that together and put that on the field. That can help me probably get my name out there a lot more," said Malone, noting Sunday's season opener is a prime opportunity. "That'd be amazing. If that happens [where Malone performs well on national TV], I think that could be one of the best things to happen to me. And I think that could happen, too."

-VQ from 8/22

Kid is very physical and he hits like a truck. Not sure we would have room for him as a LB in the 2015 class with the guys we are in on. Kid should have alot of options when it's time for him to decide.

Kid is very physical and he hits like a truck. Not sure we would have room for him as a LB in the 2015 class with the guys we are in on. Kid should have alot of options when it's time for him to decide.

Agreed, we already have cherry for the inside linebacker. As long as he stays committed, Tre won't get a committable offer.

I agree he looked good yesterday running the ball, but there were a lot of smaller guys trying to tackle him high which isn't gonna happen very often with a kid his size. On defense, I didn't notice him very often. Didn't look to have "great" speed either. He is one to watch this year and next, but not sure if he is someone we would look to sign for sure.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree he looked good yesterday running the ball, but there were a lot of smaller guys trying to tackle him high which isn't gonna happen very often with a kid his size. On defense, I didn't notice him very often. Didn't look to have "great" speed either. He is one to watch this year and next, but not sure if he is someone we would look to sign for sure.

+1. He had a good solid game, which is what you'd expect out of someone on the high school level who is considered a D1 or even FCS prospect. I thought he tackled well when he was in a position to make a play. I didn't see any real explosivess or superior athleticism in his game, which you'd expect out of a big-time SEC prospect. Clearly Hurd and Josh Malone were on their own level as far as being an elite athlete goes. Hurd is incredible for someone of his size. You figure he has probably a good 30-40 lbs on Malone and he looked every bit as fast and explosive.

Visiting UT this weekend.

Ideally, I think we are in on better LBs for the 2015 class. IF taking Tre at LB assures us of getting Malone in this class, I could live with that. Tre could turn into a great LB over time. The fact he could also be a short yardage RB, is a bonus. Plucking (2) kids out of the mid state and giving cjf the big FU, priceless.

Some of you seem fixated on short yardage backs. Our current two commits should be more than capable of picking up tough yards.

Some of you seem fixated on short yardage backs. Our current two commits should be more than capable of picking up tough yards.

It's been a while since I felt good when it was 3rd and 3 or 4th and 2 and thought we could line up and get the 1st down. Maybe Hurd and or Paulk prove to be able to get it done. Alot of it is attitude, and would love to see one of our RBs show they can smash some people when needed.

I usually don't agree with you, but when I do you're right.

I'm more concerned with focus on backs that can gain 8-9 yards needed to get to the short conversions. It doesn't seem like UT has been in many short yardage situations over the past few years.

I usually don't agree with you, but when I do you're right.

I'm more concerned with focus on backs that can gain 8-9 yards needed to get to the short conversions. It doesn't seem like UT has been in many short yardage situations over the past few years.

And when you don't, I'm right.

chavis it's me, tafka.

snuggie-celebration-gif.gif

VN Store

Back