'15 TN ATH Jauan Jennings (UT commit 4/7/14)

I cannot decide if Jennings or Jumper starting is more surprising to me but I'm leaning towards Jennings. I was keeping up with the rumors that Jennings was performing at a high level but I had wrongly assumed the praise was on the basis that he was exceeding expectations after a position switch not that he was going to start over other talented, more experienced players. Who would have ever thought Jennings would be the only freshman poised to start game 1 out of this class and that he would start at WR?

Fort was on Nashville 104.5 MidDay yesterday. He said something to the extent of "Guys... I'm telling you Jennings is a Star. He has it all from the talent/size/competitive makeup." He said that competitive mentality he has is what takes him over the top and he wouldn't be suprised if Jennings is the top WR on this team by end of the year. It sounds like that competitiveness is wearing off on Malone and others who are stepping up their games as well

Reactions: 13 people
Fort was on Nashville 104.5 MidDay yesterday. He said something to the extent of "Guys... I'm telling you Jennings is a Star. He has it all from the talent/size/competitive makeup." He said that competitive mentality he has is what takes him over the top and he wouldn't be suprised if Jennings is the top WR on this team by end of the year. It sounds like that competitiveness is wearing off on Malone and others who are stepping up their games as well

Love the example this young man is setting. His competive drive will be a huge asset to the rest of the team. The coaches are selecting players with winning attitudes, heart, and the want to be the best. I like hearing he is striking a little fire under Malone's arce! I'm betting his attitude will rub off on a lot of our other players too! I hope he takes a couple to the house against BG, and I think he will!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

That's just awesome. I'm so stoked for football to start and maybe (just maybe) the Vols will be back on top sooner rather than later!

I've said this last year about Barnett and I'll say it again here...

Some kids have talent....some have that drive. Rarely you run across one that has both. They're simply special to watch..

1390831847902332417.GIF

I am so hoping that Malone starting means he has turned the corner. His freshman campaign was so disappointing, seemingly the result of a lack of effort.

I am so hoping that Malone starting means he has turned the corner. His freshman campaign was so disappointing, seemingly the result of a lack of effort.

It may be Malone had issues with effort but, personally, I think he had a hard time adjusting to increased competition of college and working through the grind of the season and his nagging injuries. All of which are pretty standard for freshmen in college, even preternaturally talented players. Malone is a real talent and I think we will see a major jump in his productivity this season and this will be the standard progression of high level college players. If Malone and Preston Williams live up to their near impossibly high billing and Jennings lives up to the recent hype, next year and the year after will have UT near the very top of WRs groups in college football.

I believe he said he was "better looking" than JJ, which would change the entire quote. I could be wrong though.

It may be Malone had issues with effort but, personally, I think he had a hard time adjusting to increased competition of college and working through the grind of the season and his nagging injuries. All of which are pretty standard for freshmen in college, even preternaturally talented players. Malone is a real talent and I think we will see a major jump in his productivity this season and this will be the standard progression of high level college players. If Malone and Preston Williams live up to their near impossibly high billing and Jennings lives up to the recent hype, next year and the year after will have UT near the very top of WRs groups in college football.

"In all of college football HISTORY!"

-Nationdom

Seriously, though, they'll be pretty swell.

Reactions: 3 people
Does anyone think if was a coincidence that Butch made the QB live soon as JJ came in? He did the same to RF.
(During the Spring game.)

VN Store

Back