'15 MO WR Alex Ofodile

Bob's pronouciation: "Long pass down field... Caught! Josh Malone with the spectacular catch! Check that... it's Old food lion with the grab for the Big Orange!"

Fify in my best Keslingesque imitation :)

Just to be clear, I am bashing Bob Kesling, not this recruit's last name :hi:

At this point Alex has realized the greatness of UT compared to mizzou and quietly says to himself, "damn dad, why did you have to go to there"

Liked his visit a lot. Never seen a college practice the way we had done ours and that was "special." Thinks the facilities are awesome, and likes all of our coaches. Sat down with Coach Z and broke down the offense/depth chart and how he'd be used, which is what stood out out most. Will be back for another visit.

Per scout

Reactions: 4 people
"I just got a way better feel for how the program is ran and just how everybody coaches, just a better feel overall for how the program is," Ofodile said. "He's definitely an up-tempo guy and he's hyper all the time, so I definitely got a feel for him coaching."

"That's exactly what they said, I fit their offense," Ofodile explained. "Coach (Azzanni) pulled some of their clips and some of my clips and had a video deal where he was comparing what I did last year to what they're doing now. He thought the transition would be super smooth for me so that was definitely a plus."

"Just the way their overall feel for their program is, they are definitely a no nonsense program and they're definitely going to get the work done that they need to get done, but also have a good family environment, too," said Ofodile on why he liked Tennessee. "They kind of have the best of both worlds in that aspect. Just, overall a great program and it would be a really good fit for me I think so overall I think it's a really good program."

"My goal is by sometime in August have a decision before the season starts but I don't want to force a decision so if I don't know by then I'll probably end up taking official visits," Ofodile said.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people
"I just got a way better feel for how the program is ran and just how everybody coaches, just a better feel overall for how the program is," Ofodile said. "He's definitely an up-tempo guy and he's hyper all the time, so I definitely got a feel for him coaching."

"That's exactly what they said, I fit their offense," Ofodile explained. "Coach (Azzanni) pulled some of their clips and some of my clips and had a video deal where he was comparing what I did last year to what they're doing now. He thought the transition would be super smooth for me so that was definitely a plus."

"Just the way their overall feel for their program is, they are definitely a no nonsense program and they're definitely going to get the work done that they need to get done, but also have a good family environment, too," said Ofodile on why he liked Tennessee. "They kind of have the best of both worlds in that aspect. Just, overall a great program and it would be a really good fit for me I think so overall I think it's a really good program."

"My goal is by sometime in August have a decision before the season starts but I don't want to force a decision so if I don't know by then I'll probably end up taking official visits," Ofodile said.

-VQ

Kind of refreshing to see a kid say he won't commit until he is sure of his decision. Sounds like if he is happy with his choice, no need to take the extra OV's. I'd guess he is still a big mizzou lean, but kid is looking at options.

Thanks, much appreciated. The "great fit for me" quote was certainly encouraging. He'd be a great complement to P. Williams.

Reactions: 1 person
Quick! Somebody get Callahan to see if we have a chance at signing this kid. :)
"I think there's a possibility of a chance that he might consider Tennessee to maybe be one of his top 10 or 20 schools though I'm not completely sure. I will keep digging though I could be way off here."
-Callahan

"I think there's a possibility of a chance that he might consider Tennessee to maybe be one of his top 10 or 20 schools though I'm not completely sure. I will keep digging though I could be way off here."
-Callahan

Lol. How much do I owe you for this "insider information" good sir?

Lol. How much do I owe you for this "insider information" good sir?
Oh just give Ryan your credit card number and he and Wes will take whatever they feel like you owe them :lol:

I seriously would subscribe to 247 if the Vols writers were better.

"I'm planning on pushing my decision up to the end of May," Ofodile said. "Talking to Oklahoma this weekend, their spots are limited for wide receivers. Talking to some other places, too, their spots are limited, so I'm going to announce at the end of May."

Ofodile visited Oklahoma over the weekend. The two-day trip was his third to the Sooners' campus. And while all signs seem to point to OU and Missouri being the teams to beat in the race to land his commitment, Ofodile insists he's still considering a wide range of options despite his accelerated timetable.

It's no lock that Ofodile will pick Mizzou come late May. It's certainly not the sure thing that it once looked to be, but the Sooners and company will still have a fight on their hands if they're to pull the wide receiver out of his hometown.

- R. Cassidy, Rivals.com

Thought I'd share the write-up on Mizzou's Rivals site. He (Ofodile) is also qouted as saying it is between all of the schools he's visited, and he has plans to visit Notre Dame, Bama, & Mich. St. this month. He'll then start visiting schools again.

They're in our division. I care about what they're doing.

Especially since right now it looks like they're going to put together a real solid class this year. They won the East last year with less talent on paper.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Well dang where's the thread on Kentucky's and South Carolina's classes?

Why? So you can purposely open a thread you know you don't want to read just to complain that the topic of that thread is something you don't want to read? Sounds logical.

Tonight I am planning on eating at a restaurant that I hate on purpose just so I can complain to my waiter about how much I hate that restaurant. I am sure he will be thrilled with my enlightening conversation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back