'15 MD WR Lawrence Cager

Very well may be the case.

I said IF another spot opens then you take both. Obviously if the staff takes both, a spot has opened up. Like I said.

Phillips could decide to go elsewhere.

Tuttle could decide to go elsewhere.

Woods gets his issues in order, he could be a Vol.

Things happen.

:thumbsup:

I am fairly confident that Bruce took Woods' spot when he committed.

So they mention Preston and not Van. Does look like he would only be an option if Van is a suckeye.

IMO Van goes to OSU, I'd rather the staff use the spot for something other than WR. IMO our WR depth is fine.

Richmond and Sapp get us to 24. If Woods is not part of the class then you take Tuttle/Phillips. 1 more spot opens up and you take the other.

Done deal for 2015 IMO.

Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

(Seriously Leb, we get that it's your opinion.)

WR depth will not be fine for 2016 if North leaves a year early. They absolutely need another WR in this class, maybe 2 before all is said and done.

I think we would have 7 scholarship WRs if North left early. Add Preston and Bruce(maybe) in 2015 and you have 9 WRs. Add 2-3 in 2016 and going into the 2016 season you have at least 11-12 WRs. Reasonable IMO.

Very well may be the case.

I said IF another spot opens then you take both. Obviously if the staff takes both, a spot has opened up. Like I said.

Phillips could decide to go elsewhere.

Tuttle could decide to go elsewhere.

Woods gets his issues in order, he could be a Vol.

Things happen.

:thumbsup:

Glad you are not our recruiting coordinator sir. I don't think you would be cut out for the tough cuts they will likely make. It happens every year.

Glad you are not our recruiting coordinator sir. I don't think you would be cut out for the tough cuts they will likely make. It happens every year.

You may be right. You would be happy to know I have never been given a check for my recruiting abilities:). I would probably be a little more selective in taking commitments. I would probably not take a kids commitment knowing if "so and so" tried to commit later on I would drop the long time commitment. I would just wait to take the commitment at all. As I have mentioned many times before, commitment should mean something and that includes the coaches. Kid wants to commit then take visits, I have no issue with his spot being up for grabs. A kid commits and shuts things down, IMO he should be a Vol come NSD as long as his grades are good to go. Don't preach commitment and talk about character and your "recruiting profile" then drop a kid because another kid wants his spot.

Reactions: 2 people
You may be right. You would be happy to know I have never been given a check for my recruiting abilities:). I would probably be a little more selective in taking commitments. I would probably not take a kids commitment knowing if "so and so" tried to commit later on I would drop the long time commitment. I would just wait to take the commitment at all. As I have mentioned many times before, commitment should mean something and that includes the coaches. Kid wants to commit then take visits, I have no issue with his spot being up for grabs. A kid commits and shuts things down, IMO he should be a Vol come NSD as long as his grades are good to go. Don't preach commitment and talk about character and your "recruiting profile" then drop a kid because another kid wants his spot.

And as you can see, that is what Butch tries his best to do. Fact is, it's gonna happen some and you wouldn't be able to stop it either.

And as you can see, that is what Butch tries his best to do. Fact is, it's gonna happen some and you wouldn't be able to stop it either.

I agree it's likely to happen each year, but it would never be a given IMO. Would it be so terrible if CBJ added 2-3 more commits and signed the class as it stood today? Not for me. IMO all it would do is tell future recruits that once you commit to CBJ and UT, you're family and that means something. I'd take it. Kids grades go south, he gets into trouble, his spot is open. I have no issue with that at all. Talk of dropping "lower rated" commitments in favor of a kid who may have another * by his name? You'll never see me supporting that mindset at all.

Dude I mean no disrespect but Tuttle and Phillips will be a part if this class and Woods will not. There is no way we will turn them down so you can adjust your mock class accordingly.Thanks.

But if they do TURN THEM DOWN, you rescind the "no disrespect"? :huh:

Huh? I am just trying to say I doubt they will turn down Shy Tuttle for Jaylond Woods considering talent, impact, and position of need .

Honestly I don't see this staff turning any elite talent away. They will do what they have to do to have enough spots. That includes cutting current commits who may not be as talented. Honestly tho there are only 3 to 4 guys who would fall into that category.

No he is 100% right. Cuts happen every year. It happens all the time. Why you cannot understand this is beyond comprehension. Its not about just because another kid wants the spot. Its about the coaches recognizing more talent and taking the best player. Also something you have a hard time understanding.

Reactions: 1 person
No he is 100% right. Cuts happen every year. It happens all the time. Why you cannot understand this is beyond comprehension. Its not about just because another kid wants the spot. Its about the coaches recognizing more talent and taking the best player. Also something you have a hard time understanding.

Cuts/opening up recruitments do usually happen. I'm curious to see how it plays out this year. Most of the recruits who are committed seem very content with their commitments. No visits really being taken, most seem to be focused on helping build the class. I'll go out on a limb and say unless there are clear cut grade issues(Woods does seem to be 1 thus far), the kids currently committed, sign with Tennessee. Blue shirt talk, I'll believe that when I see CBJ actually use that option. IMO it's just talk people use to tack a few more to their class predictions as they don't like seeing those 2-3* names on the list.

Cuts/opening up recruitments do usually happen. I'm curious to see how it plays out this year. Most of the recruits who are committed seem very content with their commitments. No visits really being taken, most seem to be focused on helping build the class. I'll go out on a limb and say unless there are clear cut grade issues(Woods does seem to be 1 thus far), the kids currently committed, sign with Tennessee. Blue shirt talk, I'll believe that when I see CBJ actually use that option. IMO it's just talk people use to tack a few more to their class predictions as they don't like seeing those 2-3* names on the list.

Agree to disagree I suppose. I hope they take the best talent.Period. Not take kids just to get the instate warm fuzzies. You have to know there job is on the line too.

Agree to disagree I suppose. I hope they take the best talent.Period. Not take kids just to get the instate warm fuzzies. You have to know there job is on the line too.

Was their job on the line in Apr/May/June when they took the commitments? All I am saying is if you're a coach and know you would drop a kid later in the process, just don't take him that early in the process. If I am a coach and know I would recruit over Bruce in this class if I could I would not take his commitment that early. Same with a long snapper or a punter. Yes, I used those 3 as those seem to be in everyone's group of "who I would drop/force to GS/BS to take higher rated kids".

This kid is a big possession type WR from what I can tell. He would definitely be a match up problem and has the frame to easily play at 220+. I think he could be pretty good if "coached up". My problem is he does not look very physical for a kid his size and his highlights do not look as good as J Croom's high school film. If he is not at least a better prospect than Croom then I don't see this kid as a take IMO. This is not a knock on Jason Croom. This kid just does not look elite for a WR with his size. To me he would be more of a project that a school takes because of potential. I think he would be over recruited and lost in the shuffle here.

Was their job on the line in Apr/May/June when they took the commitments? All I am saying is if you're a coach and know you would drop a kid later in the process, just don't take him that early in the process. If I am a coach and know I would recruit over Bruce in this class if I could I would not take his commitment that early. Same with a long snapper or a punter. Yes, I used those 3 as those seem to be in everyone's group of "who I would drop/force to GS/BS to take higher rated kids".

There is something we do agree on. I don't really understand why we took those type guys that early , although I understand the need for a great punter for special teams to be a good unit.

This kid is a big possession type WR from what I can tell. He would definitely be a match up problem and has the frame to easily play at 220+. I think he could be pretty good if "coached up". My problem is he does not look very physical for a kid his size and his highlights do not look as good as J Croom's high school film. If he is not at least a better prospect than Croom then I don't see this kid as a take IMO. This is not a knock on Jason Croom. This kid just does not look elite for a WR with his size. To me he would be more of a project that a school takes because of potential. I think he would be over recruited and lost in the shuffle here.

IMO the TE talk would begin shortly after he committed. Oh look, it just did. :)

I would pass as well if it were me.

Looked good at The Opening, IIRC.

Picked up a few CBs to OSU
evil-smile.gif

Reactions: 7 people
There is something we do agree on. I don't really understand why we took those type guys that early , although I understand the need for a great punter for special teams to be a good unit.

Everyone in the country gives out scholarships to punters and kickers. We don't have a true punter on the roster this season, so picking one up is a must. It's ignored in a lot of threads, but that position is near the top of our NEEDS for this year.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back