15 IN PG Nick Rogers

2015 Point guard Nick Rogers from Indianapolis is coming in on an unofficial visit today.

Not sure that the Vols are going to jump in there with the full court press yet, but he's someone that coach Pinkins was recruiting at Ole Miss so there is a tie there. Pretty clearly PG recruiting is a focus

-VQ

Reactions: 1 person
UT has a great shot at Rogers. He doesn't have an offer from one of the big 4 programs in Indiana, and UT is his best offer overall.

With the way thinks are going on at IU and Purdue. A lot of players might not be willing to take that risk. Seems like Crean and Painter might both be on the hot seat this year.

With the way thinks are going on at IU and Purdue. A lot of players might not be willing to take that risk. Seems like Crean and Painter might both be on the hot seat this year.

Purdue is in the lead for and will probably take PG Hyron Edwards from East Chicago, Indiana in the 2015. Crean tends to recruit more nationally and has burned several bridges in Indiana recruiting. That said, Crean will sign another good class. Rogers doesn't have an offer from Notre Dame or home town Butler, which helps UT's chances. He is a solid guard.

Last edited:
I would think that Coach T will want 4 or 5 scholarships open next year when he can tout the success of his first season as a selling point.

I would think that Coach T will want 4 or 5 scholarships open next year when he can tout the success of his first season as a selling point.

Currently Josh, Chiles, Pops and McKnight are the 4 seniors, so I would say 4 will definitely be open. Always the possibility of losing someone to the draft or transfer so I would say 4-5 is a pretty accurate guess at the 2015 class.

Currently Josh, Chiles, Pops and McKnight are the 4 seniors, so I would say 4 will definitely be open. Always the possibility of losing someone to the draft or transfer so I would say 4-5 is a pretty accurate guess at the 2015 class.

--or to academic washout. :ermm:

A few of our new guys seem a bit shaky academically.

VN Store

Back