'15 GA LB Montavious Atkinson

I think Atkinson is a 4* talent. I also think he would be best in a SAM role. He is a hard hitter and looks like he loves to blow up blocks. I like backers who blow up blocks instead of running around them

I think Austin Smith is the perfect Sam and Sapp and Atkinson are Will candidates. Remember the Sam backer is usually lined up over the tight end and needs to have some decent size witch Smith has.

What ranking? His 5.6 3* on Rivals or his 91 4* on 247?

Walker is a take.

Walker > Olenga and Clemmons
I always go by 247 and composite. I don't think he's a high 3* let alone a 4* guy. He's not as athletic as I'd want a LB especially at his small frame. Compare him to Sapp who is similar size and it's night and day to me. I think we want a Will and we'll call it a day at LB and I don't think Atkinson is.

Walker is definitely a take. That we can agree on that.

I always go by 247 and composite. I don't think he's a high 3* let alone a 4* guy. He's not as athletic as I'd want a LB especially at his small frame. Compare him to Sapp who is similar size and it's night and day to me. I think we want a Will and we'll call it a day at LB and I don't think Atkinson is.

Walker is definitely a take. That we can agree on that.

Probably a package deal.

Dexter Williams, Mook Reynolds, Marquel Harrel, and Rico McGraw

Thanks!

How in the world our staff will top this class out? Add Kyle Phillips, Richmond, and Van Jefferson...Raquan Smith...I don't see how we can add many more with our #'s.

Gotta have faith in CBJ...he hasn't done anything to cause us to have doubt.

Go Vols!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Thanks!

How in the world our staff will top this class out? Add Kyle Phillips, Richmond, and Van Jefferson...Raquan Smith...I don't see how we can add many more with our #'s.

Gotta have faith in CBJ...he hasn't done anything to cause us to have doubt.

Go Vols!
Np USMC. We're actually chasing UGA & UF for him. I like our chances with Q. Sapp at LB. FOR Db's in this class whoever commits first between Reynolds, Miller, and Ordway we'll take 2. Maybe 3 if we miss on a position. If we dodge UGA on V. Jefferson he'll be a vol. GBO

Np USMC. We're actually chasing UGA & UF for him. I like our chances with Q. Sapp at LB. FOR Db's in this class whoever commits first between Reynolds, Miller, and Ordway we'll take 2. Maybe 3 if we miss on a position. If we dodge UGA on V. Jefferson he'll be a vol. GBO

CBJ can definitely recruit with the best of them. As long as we keep the staff intact, I think it will continue for some time now.

180 degrees difference between CBJ and Coach derek doofus

Reactions: 1 person
Auburn commitment Montavious Atkinson, a four-star rising senior linebacker from Langston Hughes High School in Fairburn, Ga., told 247Sports that he visited Tennessee on Thursday. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Atkinson said he's planning to continue his stay at Tennessee on Friday. It's at least his fourth visit with the Vols since March.

-Ryan Callahan, 247 Sports.

Reactions: 4 people
What other LB's is UT recruiting besides Sapp?

If Tennessee wants the Atkinson kid committed to Auburn I think they can get him. They are still after the Coney guy that was here this weekend.

Ricky DeBerry is in the mix even though he's more of a hybrid guy and may be a little down the list.

They are still trying with guys like Roquan Smith, John Houston and a few others but I'd say Sapp and Atkinson are the two they are really in on the most right now.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 2 people
Yea it's a weird situation. He gives us like a 1 day visit for every 4 extended weekends he gives y'all, haha. Nobody feels real confident on our side, it appears. They still aren't ready to say he's a true threat to leave, just that we will have to work to keep him

Yea it's a weird situation. He gives us like a 1 day visit for every 4 extended weekends he gives y'all, haha. Nobody feels real confident on our side, it appears. They still aren't ready to say he's a true threat to leave, just that we will have to work to keep him

I agree with you. While it appears Auburn very much wants to sign him, Malzahn took a fourth linebacker commit yesterday with Richard McBryde and is one of the leaders for Jeffrey Holland. I'm unsure if AU is preparing for possible Atkinson flip or following its recruiting board priorities.

"-LB Montavious Atkinson: Atkinson committed to Auburn in March, but his recruitment appears to be far from over. Tennessee is a threat, and he keeps visiting the Vols more than he visits Auburn. Atkinson is an exceptional athlete — he has high jumped 6-feet, 8 inches. He attended A-Day and Big Cat Weekend."

-AU 247

Auburn football recruiting snapshot

Heck of a high jump. Put this guy right in the middle of a field goal block.

I want this guy and Sapp to go with Smith and Cherry and call it a day at LB.

Reactions: 3 people
Another potential defector considering Auburn's defensive coordinator move today. Atkinson is close with co-defensive coordinator Charlie Harbison and if he were to be let go as well I think we could see Atkinson back on the market. Regardless, he said his plan is to visit Tennessee in January as well as Georgia. He's teammates and friends with Tennessee defensive end target D'Andre Walker as well.
-Woody Wommack.

VN Store

Back