'15 GA LB Montavious Atkinson

I'm with you though. The NFL paycheck is more of a reason for these kids going to Bama, not the star position at Auburn.

More so than you might think.

“It really could have gone either way,” said Alan Evans, father of Rashaan. “We gave him the green light to choose Auburn or Alabama. It came down to playing the star position at Auburn or the outside linebacker position at Alabama.

“He has never played the star position before. He could play it, but once he gets to fall camp he is behind Justin Garrett and Robenson Therezie. It would have been a lot tougher for him to play a position he has never played before as to playing outside linebacker, which he has played. It came down to, did he want to chase the quarterback or the wide receiver?

“I think about 90 percent of the people thought he was going to Auburn. It just got to a point where they didn’t really do a good job of selling him the star position. If they were a base 3-4 defense and used him as a outside linebacker, he would have probably chosen Auburn. He was not going to be that edge guy playing in a 4-2-5.

“I felt that all along it could have been Alabama. They had the right defense. He seriously considered UCLA. The distance played a part, though. They run a 3-4. Alabama runs a 3-4, (as) opposed to a 4-2-5. He fits better in the defense as far as what he can bring to the table.That’s when Alabama starting creeping back in the picture. They plan on playing him more as a standup defensive end when they move to 4-2-5 in different situations. They said they really need a quick-twitch, high-motor player on third down to get to the quarterback, whereas Auburn wanted him to blitz more in a hybrid position only in certain situations.”

Alan Evans discusses son Rashaan Evans' decision to sign with Alabama

Alabama viewed Evans as the prototypical, fast-twitch pass rusher at Jack or Sam linebacker who could keep pace with the mobile quarterbacks who operated uptempo offenses. UCLA saw him as the next Anthony Barr, the ninth pick in the 2014 NFL Draft who didn't thrive with the Bruins until he switched from running back to outside linebacker. Auburn, which brought on Ellis Johnson as its defensive coordinator at the beginning of Evans' junior season, wanted him to play Star, a hybrid safety/linebacker in the Tigers' 4-2-5 scheme.

Ultimately, Evans said, this was the most important factor in his decision. "Star" was the least favorite of the options and his visit to UCLA prompted some soul-searching.

Alabama LB Rashaan Evans reflects on whirlwind recruitment during his final days in Auburn

And the title of this one pretty much says it all:

'Defining decision' for Auburn High linebacker Rashaan Evans was Alabama's Jack linebacker position

Does he have any junior film out there? He definitely shows the speed in his sophomore film but struggles to get the ball carrier on the ground. That could just be because he's a sophomore though.

137 tackles in 12 games in Georgia is pretty outstanding. Sounds like the kid finds a way to be in the middle of every play. Sounds like he and Cecil would hold things down pretty well.

Looks like Wayne Chism grew a mustache.
4_1239648.jpg

123109ut-memphis04_t607.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
So we have a chance to steal this one?

A little payback for them stealing Lambert last time around.

I'd be fine with it as long as this one qualifies. Looks like DL did not at AU(He's not showing on their roster).

Don't be surprised if he all of a sudden shows up on the roster and is qualified… Auburn knows how to somehow get kids cleared. On another note, I am guessing we picked up our recruitment of this kid, because Baker has already told our coaches that he will be committing to OSU.

Don't be surprised if he all of a sudden shows up on the roster and is qualified… Auburn knows how to somehow get kids cleared. On another note, I am guessing we picked up our recruitment of this kid, because Baker has already told our coaches that he will be committing to OSU.
He would've been cleared by now if that was the case. I'm not however saying Auburn isn't some dirty, cheating scumbags though.:hi:

VN Store

Back