'15 CA QB Sheriron Jones (UT Signee 2/4/15)

A quick release instead of a long wind up is always good. It gives the defense less time to react.

You want the elbow to "lead" the throw and square the shoulders.

Example:
15_slack.jpg

Who's that?

Reactions: 1 person
"First off, as it's been posted on the board today, Sheriron Jones was offered today. He's a quarterback out of California and Bajakian was out there to see him today.

He's a guy that's shown some real improvement since his season and more schools continue to look at, as Florida offered last week. What's interesting is Jones is very much aware of the quarterback dominoes out there. He told me that he wanted to commit after the first game of his season but since spots are starting to be taken he understands he may not have the luxury to wait that long.

He's interested in Tennessee and said he's going to try very hard to be in Knoxville in early June for the quarterback camp."

- Fortenberry

"Coach Jake hit me up and told me to give him a call in a little bit and I did and he told me that I needed to talk to coach Jones about everything," Jones explained," and he set everything up and he told me he was fired up to hear my voice and was looking forward to getting to know me and told me to name one place that the quarterback and the coach had the same last name, just joking around."

"I know about Peyton Manning and I know the history about it," Jones said. "Just when you hear the name Peyton Manning you have to know where he went and everything like that. It's just great to hear that one of the greatest quarterback in the game is there and he's going to come back and teach you and you can learn how to read coverages and how to get your protections down and everything from him."

"Anywhere that's allowing to go to their school for free and play college ball I'm really excited about it," Jones offered. "It's a great opportunity to go show my talents everywhere and let people know that somebody from California can go to the SEC and show some of those guys up."

"At first, I was kind of trying to take an easy and I was going to make a decision after the first game of my senior year," Jones explained. "But, now with everyone starting to commit and getting spots I'm probably going to make a decision earlier than I thought. But, as of right now I'm waiting after my first game but I may just have to make that decision earlier than that."

-VQ

Jones is hoping to visit all the schools that offered him, including a possible trip to UT in early June.

Moreno Valley (Calif.) Rancho Verde four-star quarterbackSheriron Jones*has seen his recruitment start to pick up in recent days. Last week, the Florida Gators extended a tender to the 6-foot-2, 195-pound dual-threat quarterback. On Wednesday, the Tennessee Volunteers threw their name into the mix.

“Basically, I was just talking to the OC and everything over Facebook,” Jones began to explain how he learned of the Vols‘ offer. “He came down to see me today, just to see me work out again and to be sure. He told me to call coach [Butch] Jones and I talked to coach Jones and he offered right there. He was fired up to talk to me and everything.”

The Vols program is one Jones is very familiar with, despite hailing from the West coast.

“One of the greatest quarterbacks in the game to do it came from there in Peyton Manning,” Jones said of UT. “With all the camps they do with Jon Gruden and all of that stuff, you got to know something about Tennessee.”

As far as summer visits, there has been talk that Jones may visit Colorado, Florida and now perhaps Tennessee, but for the moment, it is only talk with no definitive plans in place. With the quarterback pieces starting to drop across the country, Jones understands he may have to commit soon, and perhaps before he gets the chance to even visit the campus.

“It’s another deal where one of the schools offering me, I might have to make a decision right then on the spot to make sure I have a place to go and not have to worry about anything else.

“Typically, schools want you to visit the campus so you can commit there, but some of the schools that have offered me said they would take your commitment if I’m not able to go out there. As far as Florida and Tennessee, they would probably accept it.”

As mentioned, the Gators offered Jones last week and their staff has been in regular communication with him since handing out that tender.

“Coach [Brian] White and coach [Kurt] Roper and all of them are some good guys,” Jones said of UF. “They’re telling me about the offense and how they want me running it. Their guy is going to be graduating and probably going to the draft and then they have*Will Grierand some other guy. I’m going to go up there and compete and try to beat both of them out to get a starting spot as a freshman.”

Ohio State is another program scheduled to watch Jones throw on Thursday. Could the Buckeyes be on the verge of offering?

“I haven’t really talked about an offer and all that stuff,” Jones said of Ohio State. “Me and coach [Tom] Herman have just been building a relationship. He wanted to touch bases and get to know me a little bit better before he came down and see me throw in person.

“We have as much communication as possible over Facebook and Twitter and me calling him. We just have a good relationship going on where we can talk about anything.”

With his recruitment really starting to hit full stride, does Jones have any leaders at this time?

“No,” he answered. “Everyone that has given me the opportunity to play for free and do what I love, they are on the top of my list. For giving me a chance and believing in me and giving me an opportunity to play for their team, they are high on my list.”

247Sports currently ranks Jones as the nation’s No. 130 overall prospect and the No. 6 dual-threat quarterback.

Update from Elite 11...... Sheriron Jones*ran a clean chamber hitting at least three of his five marks. The uncommitted four-star was solid all day and flashed some great zip on his ball. Florida has become noticeably active in his recruitment and would be a solid pickup for the Gators. Jones has the ability to use his legs, but has a polished arm along with his athleticism

An Alabama poster on 247 said he didn't think Florida would accept his commitmen yet, because they would get Woods and they were looking good with Francois.

Last edited:
That's good to know but at the end of the day we need a Elite QB this year. Hopefully Gibson doesn't burn us.:D

We will get a an elite QB. I would be happy to have any one of Waller, Francois, Gibson, or Jones. There will probably even be another 2-3 more QBs show out there Senior season that will jump on are radar.

pretty much spot on what Luke and Bartow are saying.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Actually meant to say Florida poster. This may play in favor for UT being that if Jones wanted to commit early and he decided he was going to Florida, but you guys weren't ready to take his committment. (ie. you were waiting on Francois.) It may help the Vols! (Ala Sterling Johson to Clemson)

Last edited:
Sheriron Jones*informed 247Sports.com of his summer visit plans early Saturday afternoon. "I'll be going to Tennessee on (June) 6th and to Florida on the 7th and 8th," Jones said. The nation's No. 5 dual-threat QB plans to make his decision shortly thereafter. "Yes," Jones said. "Basically yes." The Crystal Ball reads 53 percent for Arizona and 47 percent for Florida.

Sheriron Jones*informed 247Sports.com of his summer visit plans early Saturday afternoon. "I'll be going to Tennessee on (June) 6th and to Florida on the 7th and 8th," Jones said. The nation's No. 5 dual-threat QB plans to make his decision shortly thereafter. "Yes," Jones said. "Basically yes." The Crystal Ball reads 53 percent for Arizona and 47 percent for Florida.

Looks like it will be fl for this kid.

Looks like it will be fl for this kid.

Agree.

Florida assistants are making their second evaluation of the spring at Moreno Valley (Calif.) Rancho Verde High for Top247 quarterback Sheriron Jones. The Gators have been trending of late for the 6-foot-2, 195-pound four-star prospect and currently own 63-percent of the Crystal Ball Predictions.
Jones, 247Sports No. 130 overall prospect in the nation, is slated to visit Florida's campus on June 7.

You think they would pass on him? Now THAT would be a shock.

I think I read where fsu was not sure they would even take a QB this year. More of a real need vs add depth thing for them from what I read. I'd expect they take him. They took a kid who plays QB now but the fsu board I read felt he may end up playing another position from day 1. May not even get a chance at QB.

Last edited:
I think I read where fsu was not sure they would even take a QB this year. More of a real need vs add depth thing for them from what I read. I'd expect they take him. They took a kid who plays QB now but the fsu board I read felt he may end up playing another position from day 1. May not even get a chance at QB.

fsu has an Elite 11 Qb committed. They like Kai Lox more but glady take Francois.

fsu has an Elite 11 Qb committed. They like Kai Lox more but glady take Francois.

I saw that and was a bit confused as I read on one of their boards people there were sure the kid committed would not be playing QB. I looked at his stats and can't imagine he would play anything but QB. I know he is pretty short(right at 6'), but looks like a QB to me.

he also spoke with tennessee head coach butch jones.

“i talked to him last week too. He was just saying he can’t wait for me to come down there, be around everyone and see the facilities. All that type of stuff.

“coach [mike] bajakian (tennessee’s offensive coordinator) is a real good dude. He coached for the bears and everything. He gets his quarterbacks out. Tennessee’s program is an sec place and they like to go big or go home and i really love that.”

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back