'15 AL PG Lamonte Turner (UT commit 4/28/15)

We will allow him to go double or nothing on those points if he can tell us when the clearinghouse is going to put their stamp of approval on the package!!

Actual team practices should start around the 24th of September.(42 days before first game)
Surely they can get it done by then.

Actual team practices should start around the 24th of September.(42 days before first game)
Surely they can get it done by then.

I was joking but in all seriousness I would assume he gets cleared any day now. Don't think he would be here if they weren't very very confident

Reactions: 1 person
I was joking but in all seriousness I would assume he gets cleared any day now. Don't think he would be here if they weren't very very confident

Would be nice. Could get at least a month of S and C in before we start setting positions.

Would be nice. Could get at least a month of S and C in before we start setting positions.

That would be good as well as working on team chemistry. He has a lot to adjust to with college life and he's behind everyone else's jumpstart.

Glad to know he is on campus and is officially a student at UT. I will feel even better when he is officially on the UT BB Roster. Also can't wait to see his development into the PG we most desperately need. Go Vols!

Welcome to the hill Lamonte C. Turner.

I have a feeling Armani is as happy for his arrival as anybody. Betting he didn't want to have to play pg(even by committee) his sr yr. Jmo

We are putting a lot of expectations on someone who has been a combo guard for most of their career. This pure PG stuff is yet to be determined.

Pure pg. I guess it's a matter of terminology.
Is he an NBA type PG that can score points? Yes.
Not saying he's going to the NBA but he is a great shooter, intelligent passer with excellent court vision and can create plays for himself and team mates.
He'll do well.

The only one we've had haha.

I'd take senior Bobby Maze level PG play on any of the Tennessee teams we've had. Ramar averaged 10 ppg, 3 apg and 3 rpg while making freshman All-SEC. We just haven't been able to find someone to fill the role for multiple years. To me, that's the big promise of Turner. If he can adapt to the college game early and (unlike Ramar) stay out of trouble, you have a shot at a 3 or 4 year starter. That would be huge for the program.

I'd take senior Bobby Maze level PG play on any of the Tennessee teams we've had. Ramar averaged 10 ppg, 3 apg and 3 rpg while making freshman All-SEC. We just haven't been able to find someone to fill the role for multiple years. To me, that's the big promise of Turner. If he can adapt to the college game early and (unlike Ramar) stay out of trouble, you have a shot at a 3 or 4 year starter. That would be huge for the program.

Give me Bobby Maze every year.

Very under appreciated as a Vol. I challenge those who disagree to check out some Maze highlights on YouTube.

Bobby Maze was terribly inconsistent while at UT, especially for a quality PG. Though I will never forget how well he played against Kansas his Senior season.

Maze was and is VFL. He had some deficiencies, but he "gave his all", and that sh*ts contagious.

Ziti mentioned his clutch offense, but he also locked down better in big trips.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back