'15 AL OL Brandon Kennedy

Huge huge huge news!!! Maybe the most important addition since Pruitt got here...

And for star gazers...according to Rivals in their respective recruiting class we have now added a 6.0 4* #60 overall QB, a 5.8 4* #180 overall RB and a 5.8 4* OL to our class since NSD

Reactions: 3 people
Huge huge huge news!!! Maybe the most important addition since Pruitt got here...

And for star gazers...according to Rivals in their respective recruiting class we have now added a 6.0 4* #60 overall QB, a 5.8 4* #180 overall RB and a 5.8 4* OL to our class since NSD

Don’t forget 5.8 4* DB/WR Bryce Thompson as well!

Reactions: 2 people
DisfiguredFickleJanenschia.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: 12 people
We're moving on up! To a deluxe apartment in the skyyyyyyyy!!!!! We finally got a piece of the pie!!!!!!

-The Jefferson's

Jeremy Pruitt 1, Nick Saban 0?

After publicly opposing his former boss on the SEC grad transfer rule, Tennessee’s first-year head coach received the good news he was hoping for, as grad transfer Crimson Tide offensive lineman Brandon Kennedy has officially decided to play for the Vols.

Sources tell Volquest.com that Kennedy is expected to take part in second session or July term summer school at Tennessee and is already in Knoxville around the program. Additionally, sources tell Volquest that Kennedy chose a grad school program that isn't offered at Alabama, which helped his case to make the move within the conference before the SEC amended its grad transfer rule on June 1.

The 6-foot-3, 300-pound redshirt sophomore has two years of eligibility remaining and will immediately compete for a guard or center spot on Tennessee’s starting offensive line in the fall. Kennedy missed most of the 2017 season with a leg injury, but was healthy this spring and served as Alabama’s backup center. He played in seven games as a reserve in 2016.

Kennedy chose Tennessee over Auburn after a well-publicized debate on the SEC’s grad transfer rule last month. During the spring meetings in Destin, Fla., the league’s coaches ultimately voted to amend the grad transfer rule requiring players to sit out a full year if transferring in conference. The change immediately opened the door for Kennedy to come to Tennessee, as the former 4-star prospect no longer needed a release or waiver after previously being blocked by Alabama from having contact with SEC schools.

-VQ

Reactions: 9 people
Tatum would be my guess.

Chance Hall if healthy.....get him back and and things really start looking up.

but this is fantastic news.

i honestly can't believe what he's been able to do this roster in 7 months, for the 2018 season. it's hard not to get real excited about what it'll look like in 2 years.:bow2:

Reactions: 2 people
So, who are the top 5 OL that will be starting?

Smith
Kennedy
Richmond
Carvin
Probably depends on how healthy we are. If Hall can actually make a comeback, you’ve gotta think he’d be in our top 5 guys somewhere or another. With all the injuries he had though I kinda wonder if he’ll be able to move well enough to stay at OT. Just speculation on my part, but it wouldn’t shock me if he gets looks at OG.

Ryan Johnson may be ahead of Carvin (initially, at least). Locklear may push for a spot at OG.

Unless they put Smith at OT and move Richmond over to RT, Tatum is probably our OT. I’d hoped Jamir Johnson would come in ready to push for a spot at OL, but that may be asking too much of him. Gotta see what they can do with him in the S&C program this summer before we can expect him to take time from some of the other OTs.

Reactions: 1 person
Coach Friend makes a difference....wouldn't be surprised to have one of the best O Lines in the nation in a couple years....

As of today we already have one of the best coaching staffs in college football

Reactions: 4 people
Probably depends on how healthy we are. If Hall can actually make a comeback, you’ve gotta think he’d be in our top 5 guys somewhere or another. With all the injuries he had though I kinda wonder if he’ll be able to move well enough to stay at OT. Just speculation on my part, but it wouldn’t shock me if he gets looks at OG.

Ryan Johnson may be ahead of Carvin (initially, at least). Locklear may push for a spot at OG.

Unless they put Smith at OT and move Richmond over to RT, Tatum is probably our OT. I’d hoped Jamir Johnson would come in ready to push for a spot at OL, but that may be asking too much of him. Gotta see what they can do with him in the S&C program this summer before we can expect him to take time from some of the other OTs.
me too, but he came in light. he's got some work to do for sure.

and good point about Hall.

VN Store

Back