'14 VA S CJ Reavis

Where is P18 the Virginia guy at?? Guy has good info in that area. He needs to be telling CJ how bad UT wants him, definitely more than VT! CJ, I believe could be a monster at S/LB, physical and nice frame to potentially make a move to LB. I think he is ours to lose, I also think the chance of playing in the SEC will help us here as well as having nothing but Rico SuAves for coaches. Would be nice to see TK2, McDowell, ReaVis battle it out.

Sorry guys. Havent been on in a while. CJ loves UT, but he also likes VT. CSB begged him to come to the VT Spring game this weekend. He likes the fact of being able to play with some former team mates at VT as well. That being said, CJ is a smart kid and he sees the big picture. He sees whats going on at UT and likes it. He is a little worried about all the DB's that UT has offered and are taking. I explained to him that there is a need for DB's and that he would have the chance to compete for a starting job at UT in THE best Conference in the land. The ACC and VT are farrrrrrrrrr from that. VTs facilities and weight room are weak and UTs just blows them away. Im talking UT up but I know hes a good kid and he will make the best decision for him.

Reactions: 5 people
I am not saying this about Reavis in particular because he looks like a very solid safety prospect that could be a starter at safety for UT but I'm guessing that some of the DB recruits may end up playing OLB at UT (JRM springs to mind from this year's class). First, I think CBJ and Jancek are in the mold of Chavis in converting good sized safeties into OLB to get more speed on the field and will want to get the best talent on the field regardless of prototypical size for different positions. Obviously, this is a different school of thought than Saban and Dooley who both wanted larger LBs (of course, Saban gets huge and fast guys). Second, it appears that UT is having more success recruiting DBs than LBs as of right now in this class (I hope we get 4-5 true LBs this class) and the numbers would seem to indicate a few LBs converted from other positions will be necessary even if not planned. I think having a couple of fast 6'0" or 6'1" LBs wouldn't be the end of the world. It would be interesting to see if the speed or the size would prevail when playing Alabama, etc.

IMHO, the kid is a true Weakside LB. Kid has great speed, good size and vision and loves to hit. Plays great in space. I really dont see him having the blazing speed as most corners and safeties do today. He is 205 lb right now and could easily be 210-215 by the start of his Sr. season. And after being in a serious weight program for a year he will put on some more mass and could be 230-235 easy. In no way is this a VT lock! NO WAY!

Reactions: 2 people
IMHO, the kid is a true Weakside LB. Kid has great speed, good size and vision and loves to hit. Plays great in space. I really dont see him having the blazing speed as most corners and safeties do today. He is 205 lb right now and could easily be 210-215 by the start of his Sr. season. And after being in a serious weight program for a year he will put on some more mass and could be 230-235 easy. In no way is this a VT lock! NO WAY!

Would love to have him in the program DaMan. Thanks for the info and reppin the program.

I am not saying this about Reavis in particular because he looks like a very solid safety prospect that could be a starter at safety for UT but I'm guessing that some of the DB recruits may end up playing OLB at UT (JRM springs to mind from this year's class). First, I think CBJ and Jancek are in the mold of Chavis in converting good sized safeties into OLB to get more speed on the field and will want to get the best talent on the field regardless of prototypical size for different positions. Obviously, this is a different school of thought than Saban and Dooley who both wanted larger LBs (of course, Saban gets huge and fast guys). Second, it appears that UT is having more success recruiting DBs than LBs as of right now in this class (I hope we get 4-5 true LBs this class) and the numbers would seem to indicate a few LBs converted from other positions will be necessary even if not planned. I think having a couple of fast 6'0" or 6'1" LBs wouldn't be the end of the world. It would be interesting to see if the speed or the size would prevail when playing Alabama, etc.

It does appear that the S to LB conversion will be more common with Jones' 4-3. It will be interesting to see how it works out. Chavis had a long history of building LB's and DT's rather than recruiting them at UT.

I agree completely. Great breakdown of the kid. I think Reavis and Nick Glass are the two current HS Safeties who project really well at OLB on the next level. Both have the size and the frame to add quite a bit of healthy weight and both already play very physical, which is obviously what you want in a LB prospect.

Last edited:
Glass won't be a Vol

I understand what you do, and some things should be kept private. But, is this statement based on your knowledge of his recruitment or from your discussions with Glass himself?

You just sound very sure of this. I don't think Glass will be a Vol, but he sure has fun fluffing the fan base trying to make us think we're in it.

Yeah P18!! I was talking you up, and ready for some new info about CJ!! I think he could be great at weak side LB. CJ is physical, heavy hitter, was reading how he was jamming every receiver at the line. We need this guy, keep at him P18, Tennessee is the best place for him right now iMo, could see the field early Nd he already loves UT. And like you said best league in the country. Come on CJ, you'll see the field, whether its WLB/S we need your fierce physical abilities on our Defense. You'll never regret it!

Oh well could have been a good LB, we are after a lot of DB plus Kelly is already committed and some think McDowell is on board. Don't blame him for staying close tobome

VN Store

Back