'14 VA OL Coleman Thomas (TN commit 3/9/13)

I've been saying he is my favorite lineman coming in next year, and we have some good ones. Really like his game and attitude. Going to be hoss for the Vols

Coleman played great tonight. Fort Chiswell found a lot of success running behind him early and often, winning 36-7. Numerous times FC backs didn't get touched until hitting the second level. Coleman also played well at DE. Third straight year I've seen him play against us, and tonight was easily his best performance of those.

Big win for Fort Chiswell as a team, also. George Wythe had won the previous two meetings (31-0, 28-7), and tho losing a lot to graduation are defending state champions. It's also only the 7th time FC has beaten GW in school history, so it's a very big night for their program.

I hate to lose. To anyone lol. But I'm glad this kid is headed to The Hill in January.

Reactions: 3 people
Coleman played great tonight. Fort Chiswell found a lot of success running behind him early and often, winning 36-7. Numerous times FC backs didn't get touched until hitting the second level. Coleman also played well at DE. Third straight year I've seen him play against us, and tonight was easily his best performance of those.

Big win for Fort Chiswell as a team, also. George Wythe had won the previous two meetings (31-0, 28-7), and tho losing a lot to graduation are defending state champions. It's also only the 7th time FC has beaten GW in school history, so it's a very big night for their program.

I hate to lose. To anyone lol. But I'm glad this kid is headed to The Hill in January.
Great post, thanks for sharing about Coleman. Going to be great on the interior, C or G. Heck of an athlete

We play Ft. Chiswell and Coleman Thomas this Friday. After watching a jamboree and two games I have determined that Butch made great use of a scholarship. S-T-U-D.

Reactions: 9 people
Coach Jones has an eye for talent........I just hope the UT folks give him the time he needs to get UT back on top.

Reactions: 1 person
Coach Jones has an eye for talent........I just hope the UT folks give him the time he needs to get UT back on top.

He will take care of that question soon enough to satisfy most. Not to worry.

Ft. Chiswell took us to the wood shed, 44-12. We are low in numbers and have the injury bug at the moment. We started 6 sophomores on defense. Fort has a very good football team. I will post more(details) on Monday after we watch film on Sunday.

Coleman was named Homecoming King before the game.

Ft. Chiswell took us to the wood shed, 44-12. We are low in numbers and have the injury bug at the moment. We started 6 sophomores on defense. Fort has a very good football team. I will post more(details) on Monday after we watch film on Sunday.

Coleman was named Homecoming King before the game.

At least Virginia names it's football player Homecoming King. I was seeing in Georgia last night they were naming a football player Homecoming Queen. :)

Sorry about the loss. On the bright side you have 6 sophomores that may have an expedited development schedule which could be a positive down the road.

"Quick football recruiting note

Florida State called Coleman Thomas today and offered, trying to get involved and get him on campus. He told them thank you, but that he was completely solid to Tennessee.

That confirms what we've been hearing about how he's looked on film as a senior (which is nasty), and also says a little about his character as I'd say the timing of the phone call from the 'Noles may not have been coincidental after yesterday's road trip for the Vols. "

- Rob Lewis

Reactions: 2 people
New article up on Scout. Headline asks if FSU is turning his head.

FSU offered, but he is 100% firm to UT.

“I said before I committed that once I decided on where I wanted to go I was going to stay committed to that program. Orange is in my blood now.”

Loves the program, CBJ, and the family here. Looking forward to being an EE. He said Kendrick and Wiseman are 2 of his best friends. Loves the grey jerseys. Said if we pull an upset against UGA, atmosphere will be crazy. Will be here for that game for his official.

Scout.com: 'Noles turning head of Tennessee commit?

Reactions: 4 people
Coleman is probably the best HS lineman I have PERSONALLY seen or watched on trade film. The only competition is Bobby Massie of Lynchburg Christian Academy/Ole Piss/Arizona Cardinals...I would have to watch Massie's film again to be certain. What was most impressive was his football IQ. Our players were talking about it the week after the game. He looked just like a college or professional center pointing and making all the line calls.

Ft. Chiswell had another big'un at right guard. Not sure of name or grade. Kid was strong and had good feet. If he's a senior i think he will be a FCS or D-II player. If he's a junior he could go higher. Fort had several good players at skill positions, their line made them all look great. Lol. But, I don't believe any are D-1 players. On an interesting side note a Fort graduate from last year walked-on at UVA and ran for over a 140 yards as a true freshman a couple weeks ago---Daniel Hamm.

Shaking hands after the game I told him "Go Vols!" His face lit up like a Christmas tree. He's All-Vol.....no worries!

Reactions: 8 people
I thought he was one of the best I'd seen on film too but I'm no coach, just a former corner so......

Coleman is probably the best HS lineman I have PERSONALLY seen or watched on trade film. The only competition is Bobby Massie of Lynchburg Christian Academy/Ole Piss/Arizona Cardinals...I would have to watch Massie's film again to be certain. What was most impressive was his football IQ. Our players were talking about it the week after the game. He looked just like a college or professional center pointing and making all the line calls.

Ft. Chiswell had another big'un at right guard. Not sure of name or grade. Kid was strong and had good feet. If he's a senior i think he will be a FCS or D-II player. If he's a junior he could go higher. Fort had several good players at skill positions, their line made them all look great. Lol. But, I don't believe any are D-1 players. On an interesting side note a Fort graduate from last year walked-on at UVA and ran for over a 140 yards as a true freshman a couple weeks ago---Daniel Hamm.

Shaking hands after the game I told him "Go Vols!" His face lit up like a Christmas tree. He's All-Vol.....no worries!

:salute:

The guard you're referring to is likely Jordan Crockett (#53). If so, he's a junior who just turned 16 last week. I haven't heard of him getting any attention just yet. I think he's tagged along with Coleman to Knoxville a time or two, however. Not positive on that.

“i said before i committed anywhere (that), if i committed, i’m going to stay committed. It’s worked out like that, and i’m happy to be here,”

“i’m graduating high school in december,” thomas said, “and i’ll enroll january 6 and be a part of the team.”

“definitely, they’ve got some work to do, but that’s how it always is,” he said. “but you keep plugging away, and i think by the end of the year it’s going to be a good team, for sure.”

“if they could pull an upset, it would be remarkable,” he said. “if they come ready to play, i think it will be a great atmosphere, so it will be good to come back for that game."

“i love the gray jerseys,” thomas said. “it’s a good alternate jersey, i guess you could say.”

Reactions: 2 people
Coleman seems to me the surest commit besides the guys with UT ties along with Jalen. Coleman's been to every single game right? Or most? The dude is going to be great here. I think he could play anywhere on the line but LT. Probably Crowder's replacement IMO and a depth guy at G/C

Thomas is also an underrated kid. He is a beast. He's one of the most athletic OL in this entire recruiting class.

VN Store

Back