'14 UT (Utah) TE Dalton Schultz.

Tennessee has offered four-star tight end and Utah native Dalton Schultz. He is the No. 2 tight end in the 2014 class...

Reactions: 1 person
Tight end Dalton Schultz of South Jordan (Utah) Bingham was named one of the top ten players yesterday [March 2] at the NLA 7on7 tournament in Las Vegas, Nevada. Schultz had four touchdowns on the day, and Team Utah has taken home the championship three of the last five years. Today, Team Utah will compete for their 4th championship.

Schultz was offered by Notre Dame last week.

The 6-foot-5, 230-pound tight end recently picked up his 15th offer when Utah State offered this weekend. Schultz has yet to eliminate any schools from his list or choose any favorites.

“I don’t have any favorites right now,” he said. “I want to keep my options open. I would say Washington, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Nebraska, Stanford and Utah are recruiting me the hardest right now.”

Some more from the Vegas event where he was named top performer

Dalton Schultz
South Jordan (Utah) Bingham
| TE | 6-6, 218 | Team Utah 1

Schultz was a matchup nightmare for opposing linebackers and safeties. He put together a very impressive showing on both days and caught the ball very well outside of a dropped touchdown on the first day. It wasn't a shock to hear Schultz say that his recruitment has picked up in a big way in recent weeks and the expectation is that trend will only continue throughout the summer.

Schultz' coach at Bingham, Dave Peck, coached the Utah 1 team this weekend and raved about Schultz.

"His skill set is awesome," Peck said of his tight end. "And I'll tell you what, what you see out here in 7-on-7, probably his No. 1 strength away from this, is that he is probably one of the most ferocious blockers that I've coached. He's no doubt a big-time, legit tight end."

VN Store

Back