'14 TN QB Austin Henrik

Great idea using VOL in your name.

Heh, luckily our city's name allowed just one letter change to do so... a bit of an aside, I found it funny last year when the Titans played the Browns at home and going into a commercial break they phrased the scoring summary to where they actually said Cleveland, Tennessee. I recorded it, but I think it got deleted by the kids....wish I could remmeber the exact quote.

What schools are showing the most interest in you at this time?
"Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Duke are the schools that I’ve had the most contact with lately."

Did you attend any college games as a recruit last season? If so, which ones?
"Yes, I attended games at Tennessee, Auburn, Mississippi St., Duke, and Alabama."

What visits do you have scheduled in the near future?
"I recently attended Junior Days at Tennessee and Georgia and will be at Mississippi State this upcoming Saturday. I am also planning visits to Duke, Alabama, and back to Tennessee."
-Scout

What schools are showing the most interest in you at this time?
"Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Duke are the schools that I’ve had the most contact with lately."

Did you attend any college games as a recruit last season? If so, which ones?
"Yes, I attended games at Tennessee, Auburn, Mississippi St., Duke, and Alabama."

What visits do you have scheduled in the near future?
"I recently attended Junior Days at Tennessee and Georgia and will be at Mississippi State this upcoming Saturday. I am also planning visits to Duke, Alabama, and back to Tennessee."
-Scout

lots of UT in there

I can see this guy being a fall back option. He may do well at camps, but he has played behind Voytik, so he hasn't played that much at QB in HS competition. I don't think he will get a committable offer unless some other QB's fall through, or unless he REALLY lights it up on the field this season.

Either way, glad to see that there are talented QB's that bleed orange in this state. Just want the staff to take who is best for us. If this guy be it though, then awesome!

This kid is way better than voytik was. He will get d 1 offers. Could've played earlier at most places.

Agreed...and he was no statistical slouch last year. (was named all-district in 5AAA, which is saying something)

He will get other offers, but may be a better fit than some 5* at UT, really. Bringing in more high-profile QB's means a crowded stable and somebody's going to get unhappy. Better to have someone that's a serviceable option down the road than another superstar expecting play time along with the rest who are already on site... Just my opinion, of course.

I honestly think UT might be well off to not sign a QB in '14, but they don't pay me to think.:p

Agreed...and he was no statistical slouch last year. (was named all-district in 5AAA, which is saying something)

He will get other offers, but may be a better fit than some 5* at UT, really. Bringing in more high-profile QB's means a crowded stable and somebody's going to get unhappy. Better to have someone that's a serviceable option down the road than another superstar expecting play time along with the rest who are already on site... Just my opinion, of course.

I honestly think UT might be well off to not sign a QB in '14, but they don't pay me to think.:p

You sign the best you can every year.

Reactions: 1 person

Disagree.. Need a QB in every class

Reactions: 1 person

If a superstar coming in isn't playing, it means he isbeing out performed and should get in line or transfer.

Can't all play at the same time. If you've got your stable packed with 4-5 "studs" in the same class or two, it's going to cause trouble eventually. QB is not like any other position. Only one plays at a time. Don't want UT to get a reputation of being a place where HS QB's go to disappear.

Can't all play at the same time. If you've got your stable packed with 4-5 "studs" in the same class or two, it's going to cause trouble eventually. QB is not like any other position. Only one plays at a time. Don't want UT to get a reputation of being a place where HS QB's go to disappear.

Heaven forbid we get a reputation for landing stud recruits and letting the best ones play.

This. Arguing any differently is just plain dumb. About on par for a pretend insider though.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Nice. And a happy Easter Weekend to you! I must've missed the part where all opinions are welcomed as long as they agree with yours.

You need to sign the best QB you can every year. You never know who wont make it or live up to their hype or who may get homesick or get in trouble.

VN Store

Back