'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

LOL you said Big 10. All that is moot if he hasn't coached in the SEC compadre.

Yeah, the BIG10 won 5-6 MNC's while he coached in the league.

Also, here is a list of the of all-BIG10 tackles that played under Strip:

Kevin Vickerson 6'5" 328
Mathias Askew 6'5" 302
Terrance Taylor 6'0" 320
Alan Branch 6'6" 325
Gabe Watson 6'3" 333

Here are the two DT's he had committed in 2006/2007 for Michigan:

Renaldo Sagesse 6'4" 315
Jason Kates 6'2" 324

He really seems like a guy that doesn't know he needs big DTs to compete.

Reactions: 8 people

Kevin Vickerson 6'5" 328
Mathias Askew 6'5" 302
Terrance Taylor 6'0" 320
Alan Branch 6'6" 325
Gabe Watson 6'3" 333

Renaldo Sagesse 6'4" 315
Jason Kates 6'2" 324

This is good info Madkins.:good!:

Reactions: 1 person

Kevin Vickerson 6'5" 328
Mathias Askew 6'5" 302
Terrance Taylor 6'0" 320
Alan Branch 6'6" 325
Gabe Watson 6'3" 333

Renaldo Sagesse 6'4" 315
Jason Kates 6'2" 324

Madkins is this guy...IMO

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 679
Reactions: 3 people
It really doesn't make much sense though. We didn't even give him a pseudo-offer when he showed interest in March, when we were sitting at 1-2 commitments. That was before JUCO recruiting picked up and when Mosley was all-Bama. There were at least a half-dozen other DT's that we had "offerred" but weren't really pursuing.

In between March and July nothing really changed for Elam. He didn't attend any national camps, transform his body, or improve his academic situation.

maybe i am missing something you are saying but that last half of the comment is my main point - nothing really changed with Elam

so my guess is he was # lets say 10 on our board March so we didnt even worry about offering

now if we have gotten news in the last couple months that some others wont commit to UT and they have been removed from the board Elam may well have slid up into an offerable spot

jmo

Kevin Vickerson 6'5" 328
Mathias Askew 6'5" 302
Terrance Taylor 6'0" 320
Alan Branch 6'6" 325
Gabe Watson 6'3" 333

Renaldo Sagesse 6'4" 315
Jason Kates 6'2" 324

If I really gave a damn I would go back and post the dozens upon dozens of smaller DT's he had in those days.

Saban transitioned over pretty well from Big 10 to SEC I'd say.

What does that even mean and what does it have to do with Coach Strip's past defensive linemen.

The fact is, I have a hard time believing Elam was solely offered to get Mosely's attention. The staff offered Elam because he DESERVED an offer, not to get the attention of another recruit.

If I really gave a damn I would go back and post the dozens upon dozens of smaller DT's he had in those days.

1. The argument wasn't what he had more of or not, it was that in the last month he has miraculously changed his opinion on large DT's because they weren't necessary or effective in the BIG 10. It is very clear that was a complete fabrication.

2. That first group is every DT he had that was All-Big10. I am sure he had several smaller DT's, but only 1 under 320 made All-BIG10.

The discussion then goes back to why we decided to offer Elam after giving him the cold shoulder in the spring. I personally think it was either what OCI described or we got info that made the staff more comfortable with his comfort and dedication to get down to the appropriate weight.

It wasn't because Dan McCullers suddenly showed our 60 year old veteran DL coach the light.

What does that even mean and what does it have to do with Coach Strip's past defensive linemen.

The fact is, I have a hard time believing Elam was solely offered to get Mosely's attention. The staff offered Elam because he DESERVED an offer, not to get the attention of another recruit.

Yep. Some people try way to hard and over analyze every move.

lol I don't think we tried to get Mosely's attention. I think they realized we need Elam too. I just don't think everything is moot because he has never coached in the SEC, my first post just did a poor job of conveying that.

lol I don't think we tried to get Mosely's attention. I think they realized we need Elam too. I just don't think everything is moot because he has never coached in the SEC, my first post just did a poor job of conveying that.

I agree......that was a poor job. :)

what does that even mean and what does it have to do with coach strip's past defensive linemen.

The fact is, i have a hard time believing elam was solely offered to get mosely's attention. The staff offered elam because he deserved an offer, not to get the attention of another recruit.

Kevin Vickerson 6'5" 328
Mathias Askew 6'5" 302
Terrance Taylor 6'0" 320
Alan Branch 6'6" 325
Gabe Watson 6'3" 333

Renaldo Sagesse 6'4" 315
Jason Kates 6'2" 324

Maybe Coach Stripling needed to convince his coaching teammates that larger defensive lineman were needed for SEC level play?

Recruiting isn't for everyone bro. If you stroke out, you are on your own.

the-big-one-o.gif

Reactions: 3 people
One thing I 100% agree with Madkins on is that Stripling did not have some sudden epiphany on what type of DL body he likes - the man has coached the trenches for 30 years and has a TV so he didnt just all of a sudden realize what type of DT you need in the SEC

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back