'14 TN DT Michael Sawyers (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look I'm sorry but Franklin to Texas is funny to me .... Because they want a saban and Franklin couldn't hold sabans jock strap... If I was Texas I would get Charlie then if he says no I'd go throw 15-20 million a year at mike thomlin

KittenMittensRomney.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Look I'm sorry but Franklin to Texas is funny to me .... Because they want a saban and Franklin couldn't hold sabans jock strap... If I was Texas I would get Charlie then if he says no I'd go throw 15-20 million a year at mike thomlin

Franklin would kill it at Texas IMO

Why would Tomlin want to come to the college level??

Franklin isn't getting the Texas job. He doesn't have the chops to handle that high profile a gig. He's made himself look like a clown at Vandy. Being in that kind of spotlight would be a dumpster fire.

Franklin's a good coach, He's proven that, I don't get all of this Franklin hate. Just because you can't handle him beating us and you can't handle a little trash talk. You let coaches like that get to you, you'll never beat em.

I'd go Art Briles over any of them. Done an amazing job at Baylor. Knows the state of a Texas in and out for recruiting. He'd have them back in the NC picture within 2 yrs IMO.

Oh yeah, F Franklin.

Reactions: 1 person
Franklin's a good coach, He's proven that, I don't get all of this Franklin hate. Just because you can't handle him beating us and you can't handle a little trash talk. You let coaches like that get to you, you'll never beat em.

Franklin has done a fine job at Vandy. That doesn't mean he's going to be able to get anyone to the next level. It's easier to take a team from a laughing stock to mediocre than it is to be expected to win big every year.

its late, and az state is playing ttu...so...ill use my saban/bama joke here.

about to drop a mad, wicked franklin...then wipe my vandy clean.

I wouldn't say that. He has incredibly job security at Vandy. He doesn't have to do much to keep his job.

Would take PSU job in heartbeat. His home state. All of his connections are up there. He has begged vandy fans to show up and they failed. PSU fan base is similar to TN. Regardless of circumstances the fans will always pack the house. He will also inherit the top young QB in nation not named Winston. Which he can guarantee success with that kid running show and likely spring board him to an NFL job

Franklin has done a fine job at Vandy. That doesn't mean he's going to be able to get anyone to the next level. It's easier to take a team from a laughing stock to mediocre than it is to be expected to win big every year.

It's easy to take a team from a laughing stock to mediocre in Conference USA maybe, but to do it in the SEC with a program that lacks high end facilities and the perception of a doormat, I think is a pretty darn good job. I give the guy props. Not saying he's the next General Neyland or anything like that, but he's a good coach and he'll more than likely improve.

$15-20 million for a college football coach per year???? You HAVE to be kidding....

It's easy to take a team from a laughing stock to mediocre in Conference USA maybe, but to do it in the SEC with a program that lacks high end facilities and the perception of a doormat, I think is a pretty darn good job. I give the guy props. Not saying he's the next General Neyland or anything like that, but he's a good coach and he'll more than likely improve.

Relative to Vandy's utter feckless and ridiculously awful history of football, he has done a good job.

This year he was dealt an incredibly fortunate hand given when he played Georgia and Florida and that our team was pathetically bad throwing the football and handed them the game.

Also, had to convert a 4th and 12 in the 4th at home to win coming from behind to awful Wake Forest team, barely beat a pathetic UMass team.... and blownout by a combined 142-77 score vs the 3 best teams on their schedule. Yes he did a good job, but a good bit was smoke and mirrors.

$15-20 million for a college football coach per year???? You HAVE to be kidding....

I actually don't think he wasn't kidding, but that was an incredibly stupid comment. Nobody's throw 15-20 mil at any coach, college or NFL.... especially not a coach from Louisville. Hell, Saban, the best college coach in a generation or 2, is only getting 7 mil at Bama. 15 or 20 mil for a college coach.... utterly ridiculous comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back