'14 TN DT Michael Sawyers (UT Signee 2/5/14)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that my opinion matters at all. I'd just as soon not take a single recruit on Vandy's current commit list. Looks like a lot of the same type of talent we were taking the last 3-4 years.

Not that my opinion matters at all. I'd just as soon not take a single recruit on Vandy's current commit list. Looks like a lot of the same type of talent we were taking the last 3-4 years.

We could use another DT and a QB. Vandy has a 4* of each, although Carta-Samuels isnt going anywhere else

We could use another DT and a QB. Vandy has a 4* of each, although Carta-Samuels isnt going anywhere else

I'm certainly no talent scout, but Carta-Samuels hasn't seemed to impress anyone but Vandy and a few of the recruiting sites. Stripling took months of "review" to decide to offer Sawyers and that felt like it was just for show. He was never a priority. I'd rather save the spots than take kids the staff isn't sold on.

I think Holgerson is a great coach. Give him time.
I do too. They were doing just fine with him before they made the switch to the Big 12. Bad move for them. They should have looked to join the ACC, perhaps. Too long to travel that far across the country for half your games. I think the Big 12 is a bit too much competition for a school in the Big East, to adjust to....quickly, and under those circumstances.

I've not seen any tape, but the 4*DB from the Boro looks like he has the intangibles (good height, weight, and speed). Add that to him having a brother in next year's class and I'd take a serious look at him. Everyone else....meh.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Sawyers just seems too small. I wonder if CBJ and staff regret some of the earlier recruits they let get away looking for bigger fish? With recruiting in general, if the rest of the commits actually sign, I'm happy, but the DT recruiting has left me underwhelmed. Seems like more projects when we needed some higher rated players. The middle of the DL is my biggest concern for the immediate future.

Sawyers just seems too small. I wonder if CBJ and staff regret some of the earlier recruits they let get away looking for bigger fish? With recruiting in general, if the rest of the commits actually sign, I'm happy, but the DT recruiting has left me underwhelmed. Seems like more projects when we needed some higher rated players. The middle of the DL is my biggest concern for the immediate future.

So 6'2" and 300 lbs is too small?? Yeah okay. If sawyers opens it up. You will see us jump in. Unless he burnt bridges.

I would take Sawyers abd Smith and that would be the only two players I would want currently committed to Vandy

I'm certainly no talent scout, but Carta-Samuels hasn't seemed to impress anyone but Vandy and a few of the recruiting sites. Stripling took months of "review" to decide to offer Sawyers and that felt like it was just for show. He was never a priority. I'd rather save the spots than take kids the staff isn't sold on.

He impressed me by getting out of a rape charge.

Reactions: 12 people
Big in-state DT. I've wanted him the entire time.

Plus it would lock up literally all but two of the Tennessee 4* and piss Vandy off at the same time. I'm down with that.

#theirstatelol

Big in-state DT. I've wanted him the entire time.

Plus it would lock up literally all but two of the Tennessee 4* and piss Vandy off at the same time. I'm down with that.

#theirstatelol

Same here the only guy I hated to see go to Vandy.

So 6'2" and 300 lbs is too small?? Yeah okay. If sawyers opens it up. You will see us jump in. Unless he burnt bridges.

Is he up to 300 lbs? Last I read, he was in the 250-260 size range. But hey, I'm not one to shy away from admitting I might be wrong, unlike some others. If the young man's put on the muscle mass, he's worth a look and reevaluation by the coaches. I'll gladly be wrong to get another good DT in this class.

Is he up to 300 lbs? Last I read, he was in the 250-260 size range. But hey, I'm not one to shy away from admitting I might be wrong, unlike some others. If the young man's put on the muscle mass, he's worth a look and reevaluation by the coaches. I'll gladly be wrong to get another good DT in this class.

when the thread started he was at 295. you may be thinking of Dante Sawyer

I don't know if you are married or not but this is something that you will get used to.:)

Reactions: 2 people
I've not seen any tape, but the 4*DB from the Boro looks like he has the intangibles (good height, weight, and speed). Add that to him having a brother in next year's class and I'd take a serious look at him. Everyone else....meh.

I know it sounds nit picky but those are measurables. Or did you mean he has good intangibles and measurables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back