'14 SC DT Poona Ford

It sounds like SC still wants him. Some think his coach is trying to push him out of state, or maybe he's just sold on going out of state. There was talk of his family wanting Ford to stay close to home and he was scheduled to visit SC next week, but then his coach got involved and now he's come out with Texas, Oregon and Mizzou as his visits. Who knows what will happen.

If Kevin Steele is the DC at Louisville, I think there's a pretty good chance he'll end up recommitting to them. JMO

They apparently are even thinner at DT than we are, and lost one or two DT commits

Saw that too, but my point has more to do with what Texas expects in a recruiting class, and Ford ain't it. Not saying he won't go there, but it will be highly criticized if he does.

Don't agree. They get their share of 3 stars no one will question Ford's commitment.

Guess I'm thinking back a few years back when they'd have their next years recruiting class filled by late February with stud instate talent, just to under perform in the fall.

I've argued for years that Texas is the easiest coaching job in the Country (easy recruiting, money out the arse, relatively weak conference), and because of that they are a massive group of underachieving pansies.

Reactions: 2 people
Wouldn't being shorter allow for better leverage vs taller OL if you're trying to rush the passer? Just wondering about this.

It should allow for better leverage period. Running or passing. He will be very good. The advantage to being taller is you can read and react to the play. I'd still take him

From what I read of him in the local media, Poona was being encouraged and strongly wanted to go outside of SC. Doesn't mean it will happen, just that there was a sincere interest to do so.

Guess I'm thinking back a few years back when they'd have their next years recruiting class filled by late February with stud instate talent, just to under perform in the fall.

I've argued for years that Texas is the easiest coaching job in the Country (easy recruiting, money out the arse, relatively weak conference), and because of that they are a massive group of underachieving pansies.

spot on, agree 100%. Every kid in texas wants to play for texas. At least usually. Strong will do great there. Big name, easy conference.

spot on, agree 100%. Every kid in texas wants to play for texas. At least usually. Strong will do great there. Big name, easy conference.

To beat my chest a little: When A&M made the move to the SEC and was seeing a lot of criticism across the board, I made the call that this was a difference maker decision for their program. Got them in on the Texas recruits by selling SEC and help differentiate themselves. Seems to have been successful so far.

This has effected the Longhorns more than they want to admit, and is why they were so butthurt.

Just another Poona in that Austin scene...close thread.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back