'14 MD LB Jerome Dews (UT Commit 6/24)

LB: Jerome Dews, 6-3, 197, Oxon Hill (Md.) Potomac
Results: 4.22 SH, 31.0’ PB, 25.7” VJ
Breakdown: Had a huge junior season with a very impressive 14 sacks for a linebacker. He did a great job of covering everything in front of him and getting in position to make a play. With his length and size he can cover any receiver over the middle and has the quickness to keep up with receivers in the open field.

I wasn't aware UT was in the market for slow, 200 pound, arm-tackling LBs. If I knew this was the case, I would have transferred and used my last year of eligibility at UT. I can even play at that standard.

Just kidding. (Well, sort of).

Best of luck to Dews. His athleticism, production, and offer list might not jump out at anybody, but Coach Jones and staff has done a wonderful job at spotting and evaluating talent thus far. I'll take Coach Jones' judgement on this one.

Also, I'm sure he will indeed be a greyshirt candidate for 2015 class. UT is in play for way too many elite 2014 LB prospects for them to have to reach and use a spot for Dews. He most likely showed out at camp and UT's staff wants to develop him for a few years before he makes any impact on the UT football team.

Not sure what to think. But hey crab cakes and football, that's what Maryland does. Num num num num num

Reactions: 3 people
His film is not super impressive but not bad either. I trust the staff on this...they've found many diamonds in the rough.

Reactions: 1 person
He's 16, turns 17 November.

D.C. NFTC All-Camp Team 05.23.13

MVP = Malik Carney
Best prospect = Jalen Tabor

Breakdown: Had a huge junior season with a very impressive 14 sacks for a linebacker. He did a great job of covering everything in front of him and getting in position to make a play. With his length and size he can cover any receiver over the middle and has the quickness to keep up with receivers in the open field.

D.C. NFTC All-Camp Team | Student Sports

More to come from this lad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Booooom!
Welcome Jerome!
His film did not show great speed but he did a good job of getting in on QB.
He also seemed to have good hands and the ability to get open. Can't see him
running off and leaving anyone but might be a good third down receiver.
Might be a good LB for third and long situations with his length.

0ViN8.png

VN Store

Back